Author Topic: El Mirage – To Be or Not To Be  (Read 59752 times)

Offline jl222

Re: El Mirage – To Be or Not To Be
« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2017, 12:00:14 AM »
 The BLM should give the SCTA additional stopping distance for safety. Keep the existing back door line, warnings  and  punishments but more room to stop.

The net with parachutes. caution tape taped to pylons at each back doors.

Video taping or monitoring of usage behind existing out back line for Sundays on regular weeks to find out how many bikes cars ECT would be affected by additional  500 ft or whatever SCTA would want.

JL222

JL --- I deleted the last two sentences--I thought we had an understanding !!   Sparky

[/quote

HEll no I gave you my reasons about posting news about the BLM why are you hiding important info?

JL222

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #241 on: December 29, 2017, 09:25:19 AM »
Just Trying to keep this all about El M.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline jl222

« Reply #242 on: December 30, 2017, 01:44:04 AM »
Just Trying to keep this all about El M.

The problem is the BLM and SCTA.

Why are you protecting them?

Anyone interested in what Sparky is trying to hide about the BLM can send me a personal message.

JL222

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #243 on: December 30, 2017, 08:14:00 AM »
Thank you JL

I believe that is the proper way to deal with this:

--when they contact you then you can share a link to whatever you wish to share ---you have a point about the BLM you wish to share do so-----

by doing it privately it doesn't involve Landracing.com or the S.C.T.A.

Thanks Again
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: December 31, 2017, 06:27:07 PM »
Looking through some old Hot Rod mags.  Photo of SCTA sanctioned 1/2 Mile Drags Riverside Raceway 1957. They had some race course Pylons that would work great for the finish line at El M.. They could be seen from they start line.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #245 on: December 31, 2017, 07:16:20 PM »
What I think is we all wait to see what the BLM and SCTA have discussed and wait for the changes etc. are posted.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
« Reply #246 on: January 01, 2018, 07:26:54 PM »
If there is a real problem with people going out the back door why doesn't the scta ask for an extra mile of lake bed.
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline Happy Pappy

« Reply #247 on: January 02, 2018, 09:09:17 PM »
Hey All,
Someone a few threads back, I think way back, suggested communication with the driver. Why couldn't you simply canabolize (sic) a cell phone headset?
Before start get in communication with your crew chief, wife, husband, or whomever you have meeting you at the finish line. Now I don't know about all coverage on the lake but my Verizon works just fine.
Certainly it will not help with an out of control situation but it's a fairly cheap way to show good faith... "Hey were now in constant communication with our drivers".

Chris
Chris Campbell
2017 #203 G/GR El mirage record 150.771
2020 #62 C/AIR El Mirage record 180.828
6/21 #62 C/AIR El Mirage record 185.488
9/21 #62 C/AIR El Mirage record 194.450

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #248 on: January 03, 2018, 06:30:27 PM »
Here is a link to lightweight orange plastic netting. It can serve as a "barrier" at the end of the course.

https://www.usnetting.com/barrier-netting/containment-netting/

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Vinsky

« Reply #249 on: January 03, 2018, 08:51:55 PM »
Ever watch Monster Jam?  A truck gets out of control and an official cuts the ignition.
John

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #250 on: February 21, 2018, 08:22:17 PM »
Raciever radios have been suggested at SCTA meetings and are under consideration at this time. The system is a one-way communication system and is currently used at hundreds of circle tracks in this country. I guarrentee you can hear them with a helmet on and engine screaming

The SCTA radio system is compatable with the receivers which have hundreds of channels.

The cost of the recievers for the driver/rider is $100.00. it has been suggested that no one would leave the starting line without acknowedging that they have heard the timing tower communication with them.

I'm sure $100.00 would eliminate 80% of entries do to whining.  We will loose the remaining 20% by their lack of reading the instructions to put them on the correct channel. :-D.......JD
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:27:19 PM by jimmy six »
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #251 on: February 21, 2018, 09:02:39 PM »
Included in that 20% is those sitting on their mike. This would be accomplished by having their head up.....Well, you know.  :roll:
Wayno

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #252 on: March 18, 2018, 05:01:29 PM »
Can't sit on a mike....only the timing tower can speak....one way communication.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro