Author Topic: Blytheville April dates moved  (Read 6897 times)

Offline QikNip

Blytheville April dates moved
« on: November 18, 2017, 11:32:00 AM »
Just in case anyone missed it, the April 20-22 ECTA Blytheville event has moved to April 12-15. Just rebooked my hotel rooms...
Rick
138.0 G/CPRO 4/18 Arkansas Mile Challenge Record
145.632 G/CPRO 8/17 Bonneville Record
149.825 G/CPRO 8/18 Bonneville Record
142.443 G/CPRO 9/20 Loring 1.0 Mile Record
156.343 G/CPRO 9/20 Loring 1.5 Mile Record

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
Re: Blytheville April dates moved
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 04:30:02 PM »
Thanks Rick!
Racing is Friday the 13th  :-o :? to Sunday the 15th.
But 12th is a set-up day if you are a helper!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 02:42:10 PM »
Get your taxes in early, or work on them while you're in line. :-D
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 05:11:59 PM »
I believe you have until April 17th to file your taxes this year due to the 15th falling on a weekend.

Offline edinlr

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 04:11:38 PM »
As for the local hotels, I would recommend the Hampton Inn first, the Holiday Inn second and the Comfort Inn third.  Quality falls off real quick after that.  You do want to lock up everything and prepare for the worst, the area around the hotels is pretty seedy.  This is the first Hampton where I have ever seen a security guard patrolling the parking lot.

By all means avoid the Drury Inn in Hayti, I nearly had a divorce on my hands after booking that two years ago.  I was happy to break my bike the first day and go home, anything would have been better than taking my wife back there.

Dining choices are weak in Blytheville, my breakfast at the Hampton is still my best meal there so far.  I know we don't go for the food, but it is never a good idea to torture your pit crew.  The local food in Wilmington, Loring, and Wendover are much better.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 04:09:45 PM »
As for the local hotels, I would recommend the Hampton Inn first, the Holiday Inn second and the Comfort Inn third.  Quality falls off real quick after that.  You do want to lock up everything and prepare for the worst, the area around the hotels is pretty seedy.  This is the first Hampton where I have ever seen a security guard patrolling the parking lot.

By all means avoid the Drury Inn in Hayti, I nearly had a divorce on my hands after booking that two years ago.  I was happy to break my bike the first day and go home, anything would have been better than taking my wife back there.

Dining choices are weak in Blytheville, my breakfast at the Hampton is still my best meal there so far.  I know we don't go for the food, but it is never a good idea to torture your pit crew.  The local food in Wilmington, Loring, and Wendover are much better.

Gee this new location has so much going for it! Oh well :roll:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline edinlr

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 04:34:13 PM »
It is not a tourist mecca, that is for sure.  The runway however is only just a little shorter than Loring's and is much longer than Wilmington or Maxton, so it should be even safer than before.   There is plenty of pit space. The city really saw their fortunes drop when the air force pulled out of the base.  The economic impact can be devastating to small communities when you pull that many jobs and dollars out of the area.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline RebekahsZ

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 12:18:42 AM »
I can't wait!  I've autocrossed on the apron of this track and the concrete is in great shape.  My car is in pieces, so I registered my shop truck/tow truck.  Its a new track-every pass is a new record!  I'm sure there's a good Mexican restaurant somewhere close by-we'll be fine.  Hope to see Woody there.  Tailgate up?  Tailgate down? Tailgate off?

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 12:24:37 AM »
Tailgate up?  Tailgate down? Tailgate off?

I'd bet you'll get more than three passes.  As Mike LeFevers (dynoroom) says, "Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!"

Wish I could be there!

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 06:04:37 PM »
I can't wait!  I've autocrossed on the apron of this track and the concrete is in great shape.  My car is in pieces, so I registered my shop truck/tow truck.  Its a new track-every pass is a new record!  I'm sure there's a good Mexican restaurant somewhere close by-we'll be fine.  Hope to see Woody there.  Tailgate up?  Tailgate down? Tailgate off?
Just Google it - everything there is always correct!  :-D :-D
https://www.symscape.com/blog/tailgate-up-or-down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEkiDsVGr9c
Comment in above:
jon doe
2 years ago
At the drag strip, I ran 2 mph faster with the tailgate up.
How does Jesel run his truck? :? :?
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline desotoman

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 08:57:44 PM »
That is good information if you have a double cab with what looks like a 6' bed.

I would like to see the results from a single cab 8' bed.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 09:38:57 PM »
Put a bed cover on it....  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O