Author Topic: One of those moments when your voice ain't quite in gear with your brain....  (Read 3633 times)

Offline JimL

It was the Toyota Celebrity Grand Prix in Long Beach....quite a few years back.  I was on the "celebrity pit-crew" assignment for a number of years. 

Sooo......it is a Saturday morning, about 30 minutes before the Celebrity Race.  One of the pit-crew members wives comes to me with a problem.  She was helping one of the lady/actress drivers into her driving suit and a bunch of threads got jammed in the zipper.  The zipper was stuck a few inches below the navel.  I went to my toolbox and grabbed a small pair of sharp nose "diagonal cutters" to start pulling threads out.  The "wife" rounded up a couple other actress/celeb ladies to stand on each side to shield the procedure from all the TV cameras and press that were everywhere.

and.....I'm on my knees pulling out threads when the Motorsports Manager comes up and says, "What are you doing, Jim?"

Without thinking about it, I said, "I'm working on this zipper with a pair of dykes."  There were some loud gasps, a few giggles, and I muttered to myself, "....I hope that doesn't get on TV tonight."

Offline Speed Limit 1000

:cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
So...I`m guessing you and those dykes got that fixed lickety-split.............
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Did those dykes come from -- ready for this - Snap On Tools? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Snap-On for wood workers...All tongue and groove work.................................
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline QikNip

As Larry would say, "Now I don't care who you are, that there's funny"!
138.0 G/CPRO 4/18 Arkansas Mile Challenge Record
145.632 G/CPRO 8/17 Bonneville Record
149.825 G/CPRO 8/18 Bonneville Record
142.443 G/CPRO 9/20 Loring 1.0 Mile Record
156.343 G/CPRO 9/20 Loring 1.5 Mile Record