Author Topic: Bockscar 2.0  (Read 464117 times)

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
Re: Bockscar 2.0
« Reply #765 on: July 08, 2020, 09:40:14 AM »
Looking darn nice Bob....Did you have a chance to try Founder's Breakfast Stout before the lefties whined about the baby on the label?? Racing!!
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #766 on: July 09, 2020, 01:18:35 AM »
Liner? Does FordBoy know something we don't?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #767 on: July 09, 2020, 02:03:07 AM »
Looking darn nice Bob....Did you have a chance to try Founder's Breakfast Stout before the lefties whined about the baby on the label?? Racing!!

Jerry, you mean this stuff... I think that's my last 4 pack... didn't know anybody could fret over labels... but here we are...
As you can see I am running low on beers... there is almost room for food in the fridge....  :roll:
 :cheers: y'all

Jack, I have one... just gotta finish the lakester first...

Wiring the power panel.... yes the one with the ignition nitrous gasoline switch on it... chipping away
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline floydjer

« Reply #768 on: July 09, 2020, 12:51:24 PM »
Bob...the whining and hand wringing was close to my limit of tolerance :friday If I were a friend at all I would gather up a sample collection of the local brewer's art and send them...Car is coming together nicely. JB
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #769 on: July 10, 2020, 12:35:59 AM »
Jerry, had a beer with no label tonight.... the cap had Exp St written in sharpie on it... A Ross (MC2032) beer... quite tasty... his version of an export stout.... the car... oh yea... still working on the small Subaru....seems to be a never ending list...

After unintentionally making lots  of small roll bar pad pieces I decided the pad could be installed in lots of small pieces....  The first installment... using contact adhesive... it takes every clamp in the shop... well almost  :roll:

Y'all remember the  panel with the ignition, nitrous Gasoline switch?  Well I got it  wired today... of course  I  have to wire the plugs that feed it from the car... but I'll need the harness that's in production for that part. 
In the car.... Now you know why I had all those red lines on the panel, I didn't want to mount something in a space it had to share with a tube.               

Can't figure put why we have the big space...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:43:26 AM by Stainless1 »
Stainless

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #770 on: July 10, 2020, 02:05:21 AM »
... Jack, I have one...
Pretty obvious that I'm a rookie...
M/T Pontiac hemi guru

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #771 on: July 10, 2020, 10:34:28 AM »
Jack... this one definitely is a lakester....... the liner is next.... how is yours doing? Seems like I haven't see a post lately, but working late does that to me.
 :cheers:
Stainless

Offline Calkins

• On Any Sunday
    • Facebook
« Reply #772 on: July 10, 2020, 11:19:45 AM »
Greg Peek just posted this on FB...

Jose and On-Site Tires comes through again, they are our Bonneville tire mounting go to guys. Got the new rear wheels and little bitty tires mated up for Stainless's new Bockscar today. Thanks Chris and Jose.

Justin Calkins - Iowa Falls, Iowa  USA

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #773 on: July 10, 2020, 11:58:55 AM »
Oh, shoot, those ARE your rear tires and wheels, Stainless! Nice picture of them too.

John

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #774 on: July 11, 2020, 01:26:51 AM »
Robert- my lakester is merely suffering Covid19 stay-at-home orders. I'm REALLY looking forward to the Loring Harvest Meet in October. The car has done literally nothing wrong in its half dozen dragstrip test runs. Yeah, I put in the wrong gears a couple of times, overfilled the oil tank once, and probably some other screw-ups- but hopefully I'm getting more comfortable with it. The only changes are minor- added GPS speedometer and A/F ratio gauge (one cylinder) and idle/warmup fuel leanout system and a rearview mirror and a camera mount for video of gauges, changed both fire systems to Halon, found/welded a pinhole leak in a wheel rim, and acquired a pulley to allow speeding up the blower if desired. Engine cover is still at the body shop- making the huge hole for the blower a closer fit and closing up holes left from prior owner's engine accessories. I still need to check chute deployment and practice packing it. Made some improvements to the trailer and tow vehicle ('59 GMC).
M/T Pontiac hemi guru

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #775 on: July 12, 2020, 11:15:59 AM »
Thanks for the update Jack...
I got a package with wire, relays and fuse holders... started wiring the relay and power panel in the back of the car.

Then Johnboy called and said he and Dave were coming out to put the color stripes on the car... so I started putting the panels on... they will be here later today.
Stainless

Offline floydjer

« Reply #776 on: July 14, 2020, 02:11:58 PM »
 Looking pretty racey Robert.  Maybe I should send my rack of tubing your way? I thought retirement would afford me time...bride thinks otherwise. muutt

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #777 on: July 15, 2020, 12:52:43 AM »
I'm not sure where I found the time to go to work back when I had a job... at least it seemed that way....

I mentioned Johnboy and Dave came in to scatter a little paint around the car... Ross came to help as well... laid a few lines, put some paper here and there and only managed to miss getting the overspray sealed out in a couple of spots  :oops:  Of course at the same time the house was getting painted and the shop roof was being replaced... needless to say it has been a little hectic around here.  But the car is starting to look like the old one and things are coming together slowly. 

Managed to get a little wiring to that relay panel installed and tomorrow may get a little more done... The problem is I keep finding things I should have ordered 3 days ago  cromag
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 12:54:41 AM by Stainless1 »
Stainless

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #778 on: July 15, 2020, 06:08:25 AM »
Dang that looks good; a proper art project.
A Bonneville Lakester please barman.
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

A Squeeze of Lemming it is sir.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #779 on: July 15, 2020, 10:13:59 AM »
It's not a show car, it's a race car.... keep your social distance... about 20 ft and it looks pretty good  :laugh:
Well with all the paper off the panels we have a little "paint fluff" to buff out in spots.
Stainless