Landracing Forum Home
December 16, 2018, 04:05:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
BACK TO LANDRACING.COM HOMEPAGE

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Live Audio Streaming and Archives of Past Events
Next Live Event: TBD
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: C/AIR closing in on 200  (Read 10213 times)
Stan Back

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2018, 06:13:11 PM »

Now I really regret trading away my DS Edmunds valve covers for the wrinkled 354 semi-chromed ones on the Plymouth.  I'd have gladly given them to you.  Get going.  El Mirage waits for no one.  (In fact it may not be for anyone.)

Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters California's most-exclusive roadster club.
Celebrating 65th anniversary of racing on the salt.
racergeo

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2018, 11:10:32 PM »

Update on my MEL engine. A friend knows where I can get a 383 C.I. crank. That makes this a near complete engine including necessary shaft rockers.( For proposed rule change) Intake ports are 1.25 /W 2.625/T. Could be legend engine with offset ground crank and proper porting and valve sizing.  George
desotoman

Modified Roadster

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2018, 02:16:18 PM »

Now I really regret trading away my DS Edmunds valve covers for the wrinkled 354 semi-chromed ones on the Plymouth.  I'd have gladly given them to you.

Thank for the thought Stan.

Get going.  El Mirage waits for no one.  (In fact it may not be for anyone.)

Never has a truer word been spoken.

Update on my MEL engine. A friend knows where I can get a 383 C.I. crank. That makes this a near complete engine including necessary shaft rockers.( For proposed rule change) Intake ports are 1.25 /W 2.625/T. Could be legend engine with offset ground crank and proper porting and valve sizing.  George

George, What is the proposed rule change?

Tom G.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 02:19:28 PM by desotoman » Logged

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers. As a young boy I was always taught that there is no such thing as a stupid question. It suggests that the quest for knowledge includes failure, and that just because one person may know less than others they should not be afraid to ask rather than pretend they already know. In many cases multiple people may not know but are too afraid to ask the "stupid question"; the one who asks the question may in fact be doing a service to those around them.
racergeo

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2018, 03:48:37 PM »

Tom, a reference to RichFox reply 34.  Best Idea floated yet. FYI Rich Fox is not his name, it is his financial situation and his dominant personal trait. If I thought they would change the rules to something like Rich proposed I would consult with Kaase and build one bitchin MEL.     George
RichFox

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2018, 08:00:34 PM »

If they do change the rules, I have a nice 368 Lincoln ready. I'll let the name deal go without comment.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 08:02:12 PM by RichFox » Logged
racergeo

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2018, 06:45:34 PM »

Rich, you are such a diplomat and only ignored by one person. You must have hurt the Propsters feelings. Bummer deal about any resolution to this class is the extreme cost of building and adapting antique engines to a good trans. Any old SBC would cost about 25% of a rare engine with no speed equip. availability. I say no new classes unless voted on by the members of this site after one months debate and fisticuffs. grin
RichFox

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2018, 07:05:11 PM »

Actually I have put Ford transmissions behind a Lotus 907-a 32 Plymouth banger-a 26 Dodge banger-a 392 Chrysler-a Pontiac-a Packard and now the Lincoln. It has a Lakewood blowshield modified from an FE shield and bolts to a top loader 4 speed. If you need to bolt a available blowshield to a vintage motor, bring it by and we will think of something.
racergeo

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2018, 02:07:22 PM »

The results are in. Speed Week a very successful team of Stringfellow and Kirk set the record at 190 mph on a very good track. It seems by the speed posted in the WOS results that the 647 Disorderly Conduct car posted a record of 202. Getting close to the 210 min. but not an easy "low hanging fruit". Would say that any engine beside a Hemi or a destroked BBC and SBC are no fit for a 210 mph player. The class needs an amendment for the "other" engines. Allow them to have a 410 c.i. limit. Brings a lot of other engines into play without having to buy a billet crank. Just a thought on what could be a fun class.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: