Author Topic: Looking for a source for rollers and pins to use on the tip of roller rockers  (Read 5449 times)

Offline ronnieroadster

Hi All
  I'm working on some one off roller rockers for a special project since I'm machining these myself I need to locate a source for some rollers and pins to use on the valve end of these rockers. I need 32 sets.  Would anyone have any ideas or suggestions on where I might be able to locate parts like this for this do it yourself project?
 Ronnieroadster
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline jacksoni

As I recall Jesel provides a rebuilding service for some rockers (as well as lifters). Is possible they may be able to provide what you want if your design matches what they have. Suspect, as with all Jesel stuff, not cheap if they will supply. Worth a call.
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline RichFox

Some years ago I assisted Bob Dalton in making some roller rockers. I think I remember he got the parts from Isky.

Offline jdincau

Fred Blanchard at
http://raceenginecomponents.com/index.html
is making roller rockers for his stuff, he may be able to point you to a supplier
Unless it's crazy, ambitious and delusional, it's not worth our time!

Offline Buickguy3

One more possible. T&D Rocker Arms may be able to help out.
   Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I keep going faster and faster and I don't know why. All I have to do is live and die.
                   [America]

Offline ronnieroadster

All great info Thanks guys.
   Ron
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
INA and Torrington make roller and needle bearings.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
I guess I'll ask the unasked questions.

If you're going to the effort of making your own roller rockers, what's stopping you from producing the roller itself?

As to pins, what kind of spring loads are you looking at? 

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
I would call Richard at Isky, tell him what you are doing, ask about red zone rollers and pins.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
32 roller rockers?  TWO ArDuns?   :-D

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
4 valve heads on an 8 =32
My guess is 4 valve OHV heads for his UHV motor
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Jack Gifford

I did exactly what you intend- designed and made follower fingers for my one-off DOHC conversion. Ron Iskenderian was very helpful- supplying not only tip rollers/shafts/clips, but also freely sharing information. I also used their EZ-Roll wheels/shafts (non-needle) at the cam-contact of the followers. Ron provided enough info so I could make my own coining dies for the shaft ends (shaft ends not hardened). Call him (best time is near 5PM Pacific Coast Time) 310-217-9232.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 01:25:24 AM by Jack Gifford »
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline jimmy six

I bought the pins, clips and rollers from Isky because of the pin and design 25 years ago. Everything went well until Ed came out of his office hearing what was going on. Almost stopped the deal but ok'd it when heard they were for a GMC 6 and he didn't make anything for it. But only allowed me to buy 15 just in case I was fudging the truth. I still laugh about it today. None have ever failed. JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline ronnieroadster

32 roller rockers?  TWO ArDuns?   :-D

Mike

Well one more Ardun and a set of spares   :cheers:

Offline Jack Gifford

Although Ed still visits the office, Ron and his brother run the company now.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020