Author Topic: The Flying Norwegian Belly Tank needs help getting to Speedweek from CA  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Hans Blom

Good evening all!
Some of you have seen our car we brought over from Norway a couple months ago and ran at El Mirage or at the SCTA booth at the roadster show. Our transportation to the salt is no longer and a few options have fell through.....The car is at Kiwi Steve's Hotrod shop in Brea, Ca...Thanks a TON to Steve for all the help the past months!!! We have crew arriving in LA the first of next week...it basically just the car and a few boxes of parts. We could rent a trailer I assume if someone has a truck or suburban etc heading that way mid week...We are open for any options or ideas....We would like to stay the entire week if possible but need help getting it back to Steve's shop at some point...we have rented a mini van to impress the ladies and for general transport for ourselves once out there.

Thanks a ton, Hans and the Flying Norwegian crew!!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: The Flying Norwegian Belly Tank needs help getting to Speedweek from CA
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 12:20:10 AM »
Good evening all!
Some of you have seen our car we brought over from Norway a couple months ago and ran at El Mirage or at the SCTA booth at the roadster show. Our transportation to the salt is no longer and a few options have fell through.....The car is at Kiwi Steve's Hotrod shop in Brea, Ca...Thanks a TON to Steve for all the help the past months!!! We have crew arriving in LA the first of next week...it basically just the car and a few boxes of parts. We could rent a trailer I assume if someone has a truck or suburban etc heading that way mid week...We are open for any options or ideas....We would like to stay the entire week if possible but need help getting it back to Steve's shop at some point...we have rented a mini van to impress the ladies and for general transport for ourselves once out there.

Thanks a ton, Hans and the Flying Norwegian crew!!

Nice car.  I'd reconsider the mini van and exchange it for something you can tow with yourself.  I've seen Suburbans for rent, probably crew cab pickups somewhere also.

Best of luck,

Sumner

Offline Hans Blom

Re: The Flying Norwegian Belly Tank needs help getting to Speedweek from CA
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 05:10:57 PM »
Yeah, looking into this as well. I totally understand people don't want to drive thier vehicles or trailers on the salt , I've done it for years and it's not nice...just need to get to lands end..;)....