Author Topic: Who's car is this?  (Read 9791 times)

Offline Eddieschopshop

Re: Who's car is this?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2017, 03:34:04 PM »
After speedweek ill try to put up some pics

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2017, 03:55:01 PM »
Ed said:  "...Front that the sun would have to be just over the horizon and dead straight in front to be a problem. This isn't the case at bville even on a back up run."

Well, I've made a number of record return runs into the sun.  Bugger bloody glare shine crazed windscreen hard-to-frickin'-see.

YMMV :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2017, 04:08:43 PM »
Yah I have had glare issues also. But it was always from te dash. The windshield starts at my feet in this car so the glare problem would come from the dash or other things inside the car. But hey I do bring a can of black spray pay paint just in case. We had a good glare in yhe barracuda last year and fixed with some black tape

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2017, 07:04:06 PM »
1 and 2 go into the sun on backup runs.  We always ran real early by pulling out of Impound under the fence and getting near the front of the line.  We staged to do it that way.  Worked all the time, but got more sun than most.

The thing that always got me (and still gets me) is when a crew member shades the driver and the driver's eyes right up to the front of the line.  The starter says "go!" and they pull the umbrella.  I've often wondered how long it takes your eyes to see under those circumstances. 

Good talking to you, Eddie, a few months ago.  Great looking car.  Hope you do well!

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records