Author Topic: Who's car is this?  (Read 9788 times)

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Who's car is this?
« on: August 01, 2017, 12:19:44 AM »
This streamliner was at the "Midnight Mass" car show, anyone know who's it is?

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Eddieschopshop

Re: Who's car is this?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 12:38:07 AM »
Its mine.  Ed Umland

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 02:59:08 AM »
Dodge Ed are you planning on trying to go fast or something!! :-D  :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 05:03:35 AM »
Car 89, B/BGS?

One of three pre-entries in that class for Speed Week.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 09:41:37 AM »
Ooooh . . . .  Shiny!  :cheers:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2017, 10:26:30 AM »
Its mine.  Ed Umland

Beautiful Ed,  front wheel drive?  Care to share any details on the drivetrain?  The best of luck,

Sumner

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 10:58:34 AM »
B/BGS   439" LSX  twin turbo  5 sp lenco four wheel drive  Winters/eddieschopshop differentials  eddies knuckles/spindles  one scs gearbox transfer case in front,  one eddies z box in the rear  26 mickies on eddies wheels 

I have been building this for 18 months did a couple shake down runs in May at elmo.  Things went really well except for the dust.  Car drove great etc.  This is the same motor I ran in my rmr,  so its a pretty proven motor/tune.  I built everything in my shop. 

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2017, 12:44:08 PM »
Ed, you are an artist. That's really nice work. Good luck with your runs.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 01:13:49 PM »
I can hardly wait for Speed Week so I can see your fantastic car! It is beautiful and judging from your REMR you will go fast!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 01:49:49 PM »
Here's today's burning question:  Why are the cars and bikes that are polished to a mirror finish are so hot to the touch in the sun?  Wouldn't common sense say the sunlight reflects away?

Hot Hot Hot.  How come?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 01:50:10 PM »
Ed;

Beautiful car! With all that shiny polished aluminum, you may have a huge sun glare to deal with. Have a look at the way North American painted the P-51's top surface of the engine cowl flat black.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 01:52:14 PM »
man that is beautiful!  I hope it goes 5 mph FASTER than you want it to. :wink:

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2017, 01:59:11 PM »
Thanks for all the nice compliments.  Having had cars of all colors I can tell you this one is the coolest inside and out. Yes it is hot to the touch but not as bad as my black roadster.  I was worried about glare but it isn't a problem. The glare really only came off the dash which is now painted black.  The body is so far j. Front that the sun would have to be just over the horizon and dead straight in front to be a problem. This isn't te case at bville even on a back up run.   At Elmo I did 215 at half track before filling wih dust. I was able to stop an was still 1/4 mile from finish. The car accelerates good with the 4 whl. I  excited

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2017, 02:05:51 PM »
Here's today's burning question:  Why are the cars and bikes that are polished to a mirror finish are so hot to the touch in the sun?  Wouldn't common sense say the sunlight reflects away?

Hot Hot Hot.  How come?

Jon;

For the same reason we don't leave chrome plated wrenches lying out in the sun here in Arizona.

Sunlight heats an object and then the heated object then radiates the heat away in the far-infrared. Depending on the emissivity of its surface, the object eventually achieves a balance at some temperature between heat absorbed and heat radiated. Although chrome and polished aluminum look shiny to our eyes, we see only a small portion of the light- the "visible spectrum". In the infrared, that surface absorbs heat but it doesn't radiate heat worth a darn so the balance ("equilibrium") of heat in/out is achieved at a high temperature.

Gold looks just as shiny as aluminum or chrome but it has an extremely high reflectivity in the infrared so it stays cool. I can hear Shirley Bassey now.... "Goldfinger......"

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 03:00:01 PM »
B/BGS   439" LSX  twin turbo  5 sp lenco four wheel drive  Winters/eddieschopshop differentials  eddies knuckles/spindles  one scs gearbox transfer case in front,  one eddies z box in the rear  26 mickies on eddies wheels 

I have been building this for 18 months did a couple shake down runs in May at elmo.  Things went really well except for the dust.  Car drove great etc.  This is the same motor I ran in my rmr,  so its a pretty proven motor/tune.  I built everything in my shop. 

Thanks and a really impressive array of drivetrain parts.  I can't make speedweek, any chance of pictures at some point with the body work off?  No hurry, but would love to see them.  I'm thinking there is a serious record in that car  :cheers: :cheers:

Sumner