Author Topic: DLRA 2017  (Read 33530 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: DLRA 2017
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 11:33:29 AM »
Thanks for the reports and speeds.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Kool Performance

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2017, 05:30:29 AM »
Want to thank the DLRA and all the great Aussie racers. Could not have done it with out all the help.  Already making plans for next year.

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2017, 05:56:31 PM »
Thanks guys
We like to make everyone feel welcome
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2017, 08:08:50 PM »
I wuz gonna feel welcome this year until that racing budget enhancement program got in the way.  :roll: Later though.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2017, 08:15:31 PM »
I wuz gonna feel welcome this year until that racing budget enhancement program got in the way.  :roll: Later though.  :cheers: Wayno

Yes
I know excatly how you feel
G

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2017, 04:17:54 AM »

You better :wink:
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 05:34:33 PM »
Gairdner was good--and bad---Greg was having issues sorting his Busa and trying to get he H-2 back together and dynoed. I arrived thursday and we started wrenching hard friday morn. Chasing a miss on the Busa we replaced plugs, ignition module, coils, and ecu with no luck so ended up replacing entire wiring harness and back to the Gen 2 ecu from the past and finally got good runs on the dyno. I worked on getting rearsets made and bars back on the H-2 readying it for the dyno. It was just coming in with maybe 2 runs to go--(sounding wicked ) when the tuning system tanked. This set-up required a internet connection to tune and we think THEIR server went down, so no ignition etc. Left it on the dyno, dang it!! (Geg has since got it back running, thinking of bringing here this year!)
We arrived two days late and a bike short at the Salt. I went out first on the Busa running naked and was going well coming into the timing when there was a soft "pop" and it started loosing speed, ran back to pits on a 3 cylinder. Log showed no problems with air/fuel so not sure what happened, but it was done.
Kim had a couple runs on the 750 and had some rust to knock off so she ran 200+ in fifth and the next run had a miss up top. We changed plugs and found a loose ground wires so I took the bike out the next morning( the last day) and it was good through fourth but would not pull fifth. Seems the boost controller was playing up. There was not time to do anymore so we packed it up and headed for home.

It was a great time and saw lots of friends. ----AND--- got a 2 club hat from Down Under to add to the collection!!! :banana:
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 09:14:15 PM »
Gairdner was good--and bad---Greg was having issues sorting his Busa and trying to get he H-2 back together and dynoed. I arrived thursday and we started wrenching hard friday morn. Chasing a miss on the Busa we replaced plugs, ignition module, coils, and ecu with no luck so ended up replacing entire wiring harness and back to the Gen 2 ecu from the past and finally got good runs on the dyno. I worked on getting rearsets made and bars back on the H-2 readying it for the dyno. It was just coming in with maybe 2 runs to go--(sounding wicked ) when the tuning system tanked. This set-up required a internet connection to tune and we think THEIR server went down, so no ignition etc. Left it on the dyno, dang it!! (Geg has since got it back running, thinking of bringing here this year!)
We arrived two days late and a bike short at the Salt. I went out first on the Busa running naked and was going well coming into the timing when there was a soft "pop" and it started loosing speed, ran back to pits on a 3 cylinder. Log showed no problems with air/fuel so not sure what happened, but it was done.
Kim had a couple runs on the 750 and had some rust to knock off so she ran 200+ in fifth and the next run had a miss up top. We changed plugs and found a loose ground wires so I took the bike out the next morning( the last day) and it was good through fourth but would not pull fifth. Seems the boost controller was playing up. There was not time to do anymore so we packed it up and headed for home.

It was a great time and saw lots of friends. ----AND--- got a 2 club hat from Down Under to add to the collection!!! :banana:

You didn't mention that on your first run both myself and the Southern Rescue Fire Crew followed you back to your pit to see what the smoke and oil was
G

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2017, 09:49:13 PM »
Guess cuz with no mirrors I saw no smoke or you guys on my tail--- it was a 3 cyl bike at that point. :-D
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!