Author Topic: Big THANK YOU  (Read 2969 times)

Offline bearingburner

Big THANK YOU
« on: July 18, 2017, 09:49:44 PM »
 I would like to thank Tim and the rest of the crew for the way they treated the ABOUT TIME F/BFL lakester Crew. Membership in the 17 Year Build Club was above and beyond the call of duty. Even though teething problems kept our speed below expectations I had a wonderful time. 

Offline Frank06

Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 11:05:28 PM »
We hope to see you again!
E-Racer

Offline Jack Gifford

Re: Big THANK YOU
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 11:58:55 PM »
Ed- good to meet you guys!
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 07:41:07 AM »
     A giant +1 on the thanks to everyone that got us to the start line -  the whole event staff, fellow entrants and crews, spectators who stopped by to lend support and a hand, and the folks back home and here on the 'net. 

We didn't burn out the lights with any fast numbers but did get the car through them safely and learned what the car needs now which was our main goal for it's first trip.  It was great to catch up with old friends and meet new. Thanks to everyone at the meet and residents "up in the county" my wife and grand daughter are now 100% hooked on LSR and ready to go back first chance they can.

Had a great mini family vacation on our way home which iced the cake. 

I did some 'puter research for new shifter system components evenings.  Not sure when we will be ready again but we will be back for sure!

Again, THANKS TO EVERYONE!

Ed

Offline RidgeRunner

Re:
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 07:47:09 AM »
We hope to see you again!

We are planning on it, hopefully a quicker look see next time  :-D  :cheers:

Ed

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 07:52:46 AM »
Bearingburner and Ridgerunner,
Great to talk to you guys about your car and best of luck for the next event.  Running a bike is one heck of a lot easier!
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 07:59:54 AM »
Ed- good to meet you guys!

Great to meet you, sorry I didn't have more time to pick your brain.  Keep the build diaries coming on here, they are always very interesting to me.  Stay on your project, get it to the line and through the lights.  No greater feeling than when you finally do!

Ed

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 08:14:57 AM »
Bearingburner and Ridgerunner,
Great to talk to you guys about your car and best of luck for the next event.  Running a bike is one heck of a lot easier!
Tom

...........including putting a hole in the piston after the van ride to B'ville back in the day. Just all part of our "fun" eh? 

I haven't given up on it yet. If I get too old to kick it over in the meantime  I see Phil Pearson has a 'lectric start kit available now  :-D

Good to chat with you again, looking forward to another meet and catching up again.

Ed