Author Topic: Bonneville Salt Flats  (Read 5697 times)

Offline jww36

Bonneville Salt Flats
« on: July 10, 2017, 12:05:33 PM »
The reason I started this blog was short term solutions for possible ways to prepare the rough salt conditions out there. Obvious getting the BLM to help us in the future is a possibility. But that is in the future, and we're all growing older.

Something blew me away at the Test & Tune. On Thursday and Friday we had three groups of tourists from Europe come to our pits to chat and see the cars on the salt. None of them knew the Test & Tune was happening. They were just tourists wanting to see the Bonneville Salt Flats. One couple from Poland where going to Yosemite and Yellowstone next. It made me realize how important this place is from a non-LSR standpoint, yet nobody outside the LSR community is doing anything to preserve it.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The ONLY way anybody, LSR community or others, is going to get the BLM from it's mining practices at Bonneville is a lawsuit. When I say this people say this will never happen. But I'll tell you this, I'm no tree hugger, but if the BLM or any government entity was allowing logging companies to go in and cut down old growth redwood trees that once gone can never be replaced on government property, the environmentalists would have an injunction filed to stop the cutting of these trees within 48 hours!

The BLM officially states that the mining of the salt flats hasn't depleted the salt in anyway in twenty plus years. Everybody else knows this statement is ridiculous. Why can't an injunction be filed to stop mining operations until an independent third party can do research and determine if their claim is true for the preservation of the Bonneville Salt Flats for everyone?
John

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: Bonneville Salt Flats
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 08:04:47 PM »
F
 R
  U
   S                             :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse: :dhorse:                   
    T                      T? 
     R                   I
      A                *
       T             T
        I          N'
         N      S
           G  I
                 Sid. :x

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 09:33:47 AM »
Hear Yee! Hear Yee!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 01:42:58 PM »
Did anybody else notice the new BLM sign just past the truck stop heading to the salt. The one that people stopped at to take pictures has now been replaced with a sign that says something like " The BLM taking care of Your Public Lands For You"!
What a farking oxymoron that is!
  Sid.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 02:07:28 PM »
Did anybody else notice the new BLM sign just past the truck stop heading to the salt. The one that people stopped at to take pictures has now been replaced with a sign that says something like " The BLM taking care of Your Public Lands For You"!
What a farking oxymoron that is!
  Sid.

Typical of the world and politics in particular now.  Just keep saying one thing while you are doing about 180 degrees different.  The BLM is not our friend and never will be in this.  Notice how they don't want the salt destroyed by someone driving on it when it is wet but then have no problem in selling off all the salt they claim to be protecting.  Drive out there and make a mess and pay a find if caught but just mine it all away and that is no problem  :roll:,

Sumner
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 02:09:06 PM by Sumner »

Offline BHR301

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 04:30:15 PM »
Remember the proper name is the BLM is Bureau of Land Mismanagement..... :x

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2017, 09:14:38 AM »
BLM = Bureau of Land Manglement :? :x
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Vinsky

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2017, 10:21:18 AM »
How about a group of Save The Salt folks picket around the new BLM Bonneville sign waving some banners.
A lot of people driving the interstate would notice and those that stop to take photos at the sign could be given the real story.  One banner with the Save The Salt web site on it would be good too.
Hey, if authorities try to remove the protesters, do like the tree huggers did, chain yourselves to the sign.
I'll bet for a few buck you could hire some protesters, isn't that the modern way.
Just Ranting.
John