Author Topic: One Week To GO!  (Read 2399 times)

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
One Week To GO!
« on: July 05, 2017, 08:39:58 PM »
Less than a week away from the highly anticipated 2017 Maine Event. Here are a few things I wanted to share.
Attached you will find the pit map. If you show up before the area is coned off please keep in mind we may move you. Also, if you are not 100% sure where to park just ask someone. It can get tricky to understand what is what if the place is empty.
Here is the schedule. Wed. racing gives priority to those who need to license.
And lastly, if you are on this page and send us a message you will probably not get a response. We are very thin over these next few weeks. Your best bet is to contact the person directly. You can find contact info on our website, www.loringtiming.com.
See you soon!
2017 MAINE EVENT SCHEDULE
Please keep in mind that all of these times are flexible based on weather.
(We may run late or start early on days depending on forecasted weather.)
Gates
July 11th - July 17th - Gates are open 24 around the clock for racers and crews

Tech Hours
12th ~ 9-5 13th-16th ~ All Day
Late arrivals during racing may have to wait for tech.
Meetings
Meetings will be EVERY Morning before we race.
All Rookies MUST attend the Rookie and Drivers Meeting. All drivers must attend the Drivers meetings. Feel free to attend the rookie meeting even if you are not a rookie. We encourage crews to attend meetings also, it makes for a much smoother show

Air Horn
Blowing of the air horn at Registration is the universal signal for a meeting starting.

RACING
Wed July 12th - 3:00 - 5:00
Thurs July 13th - 10:00 - 4:00
Fri July 14th - 10:00 - 4:00
Sat July 15th - 9:00 - 5:00
Sun July 16th - 8:00 - 2:00

Once again, all of these times are flexible based on weather, racers, volunteers
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline greencar

• greencar
Re: One Week To GO!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 08:27:04 PM »
Hope everyone has a safe, fun and fast event this week
See you for the Harvest event
Ed

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 01:29:28 AM »
I'm looking forward to my first visit to an LTA event, albeit as just an "interested observer". I'll head out Wednesday morning with my sleeping bag in the back of the 'Bandit'.
Sure hope no storm clouds accompany me... :roll:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:32:33 AM by Jack Gifford »
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 07:41:08 AM »
Jack,

Buddy should be headed up by now with his F/BFL in tow for it's first meet.  I hope to get underway late morning, overnight in Bangor and arrive sometime tomorrow AM.  Have been enjoying your engine build posts, be sure to look me up.

greencar,

All goes well this trip we'll be back for the Harvest event.  Didn't catch up with you at the meet a few years ago but did play tag coming back along I-95 & I-495.  I'll be looking for you at his year's Harvest meet.

Safe travels for all.

Ed