Author Topic: Save the Salt Utah Alliance Announcement  (Read 19435 times)

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: Save the Salt Utah Alliance Announcement
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2017, 01:23:56 PM »
When the profit margin goes away they will stop mining.
  Sid.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2017, 04:04:09 PM »
When the profit margin goes away they will stop mining.
  Sid.

Yep, and then they will walk away as there is nothing in their contracts that says they have to return the salt  :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm also at the point where playing nice with them and the BLM expecting them to see reason is past.  Things need to go to some other level, not that I could lay that out  :cry:, but as Sparky mentioned some other groups have been successful in situations not all that different than this,

Sumner

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 11:24:25 AM »
In the vein on not playing nice---we ought to be compiling a list of the money that was paid to the universities and professors who accepted PAY for published results---sounds like pay for play to me---they all --individually and Collectively --should be held liable for their part in this false science propaganda charade that has been going on for nearly 60 years---they should have to help pay for Restoring to Preserve the B'Ville Salt Flats!!

They were complicit in mining the Salt Flats out of existence!! I bet the Serria Club would not keep their head buried in what left of the salt.

They would go after everybody local homeboys included if we want Salt to race on we can no longer be nice guys!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 02:11:26 PM »
Saw this in the mail this morning.

"Bowen said her team has no scientific data showing the salt water pumping is an effective method of growing the surface crust. "

http://www.sltrib.com/news/environment/2017/08/12/u-researcher-human-activity-racing-included-is-shrinking-the-bonneville-salt-flats/

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 02:31:14 PM »
I can see it now---they will stop the racing---do another study and come back and say yep there is no more salt being transported to the local highways and motel lobbies  --- therefore it must have been those dam racers that were making the salt crust go away----not the mining of brine by the millions of tons!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 04:39:16 PM »
Saw this in the mail this morning.

"Bowen said her team has no scientific data showing the salt water pumping is an effective method of growing the surface crust. "

http://www.sltrib.com/news/environment/2017/08/12/u-researcher-human-activity-racing-included-is-shrinking-the-bonneville-salt-flats/

Sam

Wow!!  They spend more time implying that the racers might be responsible in that article than the effects of mining.  I can't believe it, what a crock of shit.  I'll bet she does a report on how much salt leaves the surface every year on racer's cars and shoes but never gives a comparison to what leaves via the mining,

Sumner

Offline Dakin Engineering

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 06:54:32 PM »
In the text, BLM mouthpiece said nothing will change until Dr. Bowen's report is done.
Apparently, we DO need Dr. Bowen. Despite comments to the contrary.

I was quite pleased that (another) geologist agrees the Salt Laydown is a FARCE!

Sam
Turbo Sportsters since '97

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 11:45:52 AM »
I'm guessing the geologist was told that those railroad cars I've seen for 45 years are just for storage.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2017, 09:17:30 PM »
Temporary only until they were emptied at a different location. :-( :-(

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Freud

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 06:02:43 PM »
If sneaking salt off of the flats is a problem an inspection of

each person can be implemented. There are fewer people

leaving Bonneville than board airplanes daily. Most are

over 65. That means they wouldn't need to remove their

shoes and even with the inspection the salt would just

pass away and still exceed the inspection requirements.

It's no wonder we can't generate a solution.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 06:42:09 PM »
I'll admit it -- I took some salt for the sidewalks this winter.  But -- I did it over in front of the potash plant, right on the roadside where it's apparently spill.  And I took something less than a five-gallon bucket of it.

Geez, I hope I''m not i trouble. :dhorse:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com