Author Topic: Oct 06 meet  (Read 8735 times)

terry russell

Oct 06 meet
« on: October 27, 2006, 07:00:09 PM »
IT is WETTT, WE did set up( kinda sorta) the track :(
About 12 cars and 9 bikes are here now .The rain is maybe stop sat at noon. WE hope. Maybe Keith will have boat class's this time I can get a 12ft. jon boat 9 hp johnson and a weed eater motor . that should be blown class right? :wink:
terry

LittleLiner

Oct 06 meet
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 07:38:11 PM »
Yep, Got to Maxton about an hour ago (6:30 pm local) and it definitely rained today.  Right now . . . just misting a bit.  Tomorrow's forcast indicates "Partly cloudy skies with gusty winds.  High 67F.  Winds W at 20 to 30mph".   Sunday looks better.

If I can get logged on wireless at the track I'll send in info on conditions and runs (sort of a bad impersonation of Jon).  If I can't get a connection at the track I will send updates Saturday night from the Hampton Inn.

BTW - If anyone would like to buy a really nice Simpson helmet see me  -  it's an M95 so I can't use it in competition but this helmet will be great for someone needing an extra street bike or ATV helmet.  It has only been used about 10 times.

See you at the track tomorrow.

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
Oct 06 meet
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 10:34:52 PM »
latest warning says Sat night through sun morning 20-35mph with gusts to 65mph. tell everyone to tear down their canopies over night. put bikes in trailers. and go see harry (zx-12 and carbon turbo busa) he has a leaf blower. everyone will need to it to get rid of the foot long cut grass clumps in the road. :D

LittleLiner

Oct 06 meet
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 08:25:57 PM »
Weather today (Saturday) was not as bad as some predicted but we did have winds that did (at times) exceed 20mph.  A few times the track was shut down due to high wind.  Otherwise the day was sunny and cool.  tomorrows weather is prediced to be Mainly sunny. High near 70F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

There were 88 entries including a large number of rookies.  The entries were split 45/43 cars/bikes.  I was working at the start line most of the day so didn't get any specific speeds recorded.  I did hear that there were around 30 new records.

The day started a bit later than usual because some of the track prep normally done on Fridays had to be done this morning since Friday was basically rained out.  I think the first actual run went off around 11 or 11:30.  he last run was at about 6 p.m.

With an earlier start on Sunday and lower wind speed predicted it could turn out to be a pretty good meet.

Later . . .

equimania

Event Pix
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 01:07:04 PM »
We posted a few pictures from the meet on the ECTA website.  More to come.

http://www.ecta-lsr.com/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=36

Manhattan Mark

LittleLiner

Oct 06 meet
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 02:02:44 PM »
Unofficial update . . .

I spent most of Sunday in Shutdown and didn?t get any official results to report.  However I can report that (unlike Saturday) the weather was great with winds that never got bad enough impede the racing.   There was one oil-down that took a while to get up but, by the end of the day, those that stayed till the end were getting in several runs.  Unofficially I think the Jessel Dodge was fasted car with a speed just over 230mph, a record for Maxton cars.  Also the fastest bike time I heard was Scott Guthrie at around 238mph.   Keith Turk somehow found time from his Race Director duties to squeeze in one pass with the SO-AL, Hot Rod Camero.   He was running the BIG Block and turned a 217 plus run.

I did not get any updates on the number of records that were set.  I do know that bike rider Trillium Muir was able to bump up her personal best to over 206.

There were some new ECTA 2 club members including Frank Waddell joining brother Larry.   Now they have matching Green hats to go with the matching 2005 and 2006 Hot Rod Magazine - Street Car Top Speed Challenge jackets.

A few more entries on Sunday pushed the registered participant count to over 90 for the event.

I?ve posted some photographs to the ECTA Yahoo group site http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/ECTALSR/  

Mark's photos came out better but what the heck . . .

Official results via Manhatten Mark, Tonya and friends will be posted to the ECTA site sometime soon.  www.ecta-lsr.com  

Later . . Art

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Oct 06 meet
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 03:16:39 PM »
A few more tidbits until we get the official results...
 I'm happy to report that the ECTA "Babes in the Box" aren't just eye candy! Donna upped her best track speed (in a car) to a 159 getting her C license, Me, your "babe behind the scenes" upped my best speed to 153 (on a bike) getting my C license. So far Tonya is still our fastest ECTA babe at 206.621 so we're waiting on the official results to see if Tonya or Trillium will be our current fastest Maxton chick! Trillium ran 3 206.? runs.(now we just need to get Lauren on the track!) So I'm here to point out that your ECTA babes aren't just pretty faces, we know how to get it going on down the track too! (hehehe)

If my memory and numbers are correct, Mr Rich Yancy ran a 239 off the truck on the #8 bud bike and try as Mr Guthrie may, he was just a hair slower then Rich. (Did you ever think you'd read that!?! hehehe)

Our young guys put it down too, Josh Owen (Dave's son) ran about a 212 on Dad's bike and Thomas Cronan pulled a 215 on Jim Hansen's. Both personal bests.

Dave Owen ran a 218+.
I know Jim Hansen told me he got a record on Sunday I want to say around 213 but I don't know for sure.

The 45" flathead bike ran a 79. Cool little bike & real good guy that built/ran it.

A 1650cc pushrod (new guy) ran a 145 not sure if it's a record but it could be.

2000cc pushrod fuel injected V-twin ran a 178 & a 182, I think both were records.

At some time during the meet I heard there were 30 new records and I want to say that was half way through the meet.

Once the official info comes out we can see how accurate my wind blown, sunburned memory is! Long wait in line but it was nice out so we got to do a lot of socializing with a bunch of great folks!

Art, awesome pictures, can we snag some for the ecta-lsr.com gallery? You got a bunch of vehicles we don't have yet.

Ok, that's it for me. I have to go back to pretending that I'm working.

Debbie Dross #1301
Twin Jugs Racing
(Piloted the 1058 Umphlett/SNART Racing bike owned by Kevin Umphlett this meet! Thanks Kevin you rock!!!!)
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

LittleLiner

Oct 06 meet
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 08:24:11 AM »
Deb

Thanks for correcting the info about fastest bike.  I guess I missed the BUD Bike time.

Concerning using the photos.  Sure,  . . use as you see fit.  Copies are all in Mark's hands plus they are also posted to the Yahoo site.

Art

Offline Stan Back

Oct 06 meet
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 04:36:43 PM »
Where do you find the meet's results?  All I can find are pictures.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Oct 06 meet
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 05:21:47 PM »
Quote from: Stan Back

They must still be getting certified, verified and unified... any small mistake by a racer can cause alot of work for the staff of course. The more legible and accurate the paperwork(from registration to classification to rider changes to records.. and also by the other volunteers), the sooner the results are posted.
You should be able to find them here when complete Stan,
http://www.ecta-lsr.com/?page_id=24
Todd

equimania

Oct 06 meet
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 05:49:49 PM »
Quote from: Stan Back

As they say in Jamaica, "soon come."

I understand, the hard working folks doing it experienced a technical
glitch, which they're sorting out.  With Deb and Tonya on the case it
should not take long, but this stuff does not happen automatically.  
We set the bar kind of high last month, but they'll be posted soon.

Manhattan Mark

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
Oct 06 meet
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 11:26:38 PM »
yeah Tonya finally went to bed... it was giving her a headache... expect the results sometime tomorrow....

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline jimmy six

Oct 06 meet
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 12:56:41 AM »
If I can ask KT what is a C/GCT?  I got the first C and the first G, I think. But the rest kinda stumps me but I'm not from North Carolina...Thanx.J.D.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
Oct 06 meet
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 05:18:37 AM »
Circle track JD....  Normally for us it's a winston cup car...
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline jimmy six

Oct 06 meet
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 10:20:56 AM »
Now I see why we are getting inquires. But it stants to reason for where you are located...

What if a Super Modified big blockhanging off the left side, a "hobby stock" Toyota, a mini-sprint open wheel, do you have classes for these too?

Once it starts everybody wants a class..Thanx J.D.
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro