Author Topic: Wind Tunnel Testing for Bonneville  (Read 45278 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Wind Tunnel Testing for Bonneville
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2017, 10:50:26 AM »
Just a clarification -- REMRs are not in the Special Construction category, they're in the Vintage category.  Some feel that there's not enuf "Vint" in their age.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2017, 12:49:04 PM »
hmmm- a slight understatement --I suspect Sir!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Skip Pipes

• I hate being bipolar, its awesome!
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2017, 02:32:52 PM »
Jim - yes Special Construction misstated; I have Lakester fever.

Skip Pipes
Skip's Garage
Builder of the SUNBEAM ALPINE Police Interceptor

Offline jklein

• New folks
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2017, 06:58:50 PM »
While I remain an outsider, I have truly grown to love this sport! 8 seasons observing, researching, saving, reading, studying and picking the brain of more than one of the current racers has finally brought me into my building of a RMR. This is my first race build and I am building 100% within the rules. I carry a rule book in my truck, at work, in my office and everywhere in between. I hope to honor both this sport and those within it who have helped me by building within the rules and developing into a true competitor. Oops, almost forgot that I am also hoping to be very competitive within my class. One of the most attractive things about this sport to me is the willingness of it's participants to be involved, passionate, and helpful to one another and newbies. Thanks Eddie and Skip!

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2017, 08:28:39 PM »
JK;

Why do you consider yourself an "outsider"?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline tauruck

« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2017, 11:47:42 PM »
Spot on Neil.

Offline jklein

• New folks
« Reply #96 on: July 11, 2017, 02:03:20 AM »
I consider myself an outsider and will continue to do so until I am an active participant in this sport. To date my only contribution has been to help sweep the track at the end of the day at El Mirage. Becoming a part of the group in my mind must be earned through research, hard work, drive, participation and paying my dues to those who came before me and struggled to maintain and grow this sport. With luck, I will some day repay the efforts of those people helping and mentoring me. This process has been eye opening to me in a lot of ways. I must admit, I am loving the process and can't wait to join you other racers at the racers briefing... That said, I am and will continue to build within the rules to EARN a competitive spot!

See you guys next May...