Author Topic: Lupe Valenzuela  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Stan Back

Lupe Valenzuela
« on: June 04, 2017, 09:49:16 PM »
LA Times states that Guadalupe "Lupe" Ventura Valenzuela, 85, passed away on May 15.  The Times says he owned and operated Whittier Muffler for 60 years, played saxophone and football at Whittier High, was in the Army, and had Street Roadster #344, Troy's Toy, which he set numerous records at El Mirage and Bonneville.

A service is planned at noon, Sunday, June 11, at Cornerstone Masonic Lodge, 1701 W. La Habra Blvd. in La Habra.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 09:53:29 PM by Stan Back »
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline dw230

Re: Lupe Valenzuela
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 10:13:02 PM »
You still read print media Stan?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 10:14:26 AM »
Only daily.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 05:43:09 PM »
Lupe's obit was in the OC Register Sunday. Sorry to hear of his passing. He was running his #344 Street Roadster when I started. There were no 27's or earlier at that time his was a 30-31 I believe. I believe he ran in both C and D. Being from Whittier I would bet he was a Road Runner. His car looked top notch and ran well at El Mirage Everytime I saw it. It nice to see a persons interest and accomplishments in land speed racing in an obituary. JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline SPDRACR

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 07:30:58 PM »
A Very Good friend in deed. Also a member of the " North Tijuana Racing Team", He will be missed.
salt is OK, but the DIRT is where it's at!
Proud 2nd generation Roadster Racer
Muroc 2 club, El Mirage 2 club, Now Bonneville 2 club,       All in a Roadster