Author Topic: Jay Storer  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Kiwi Paul

Jay Storer
« on: June 07, 2017, 11:14:28 AM »
Everyone....
         It is my sad duty to inform you all that my old friend and owner of our Simca Comp Coupe, Jay Storer, passed away on Saturday, June 3rd. He had been suffering from Lewys Body Dementia for the past 4 1/2 years, and ,after celebrating his 70th Birthday in April, went down hill quite rapidly. We ran that car in the late `80s and early 90s, set records at El Mirage in `89 and Bonneville in `91. Jay was well known as a Magazine writer and Freelancer, from his days at the Petersen Book division to his Ad Agency for Hot Rod companies, and his work as a freelance journalist for Street Rodder, Rodders Journal and others.
   There will be a Celebration of Life at some point in the next few months. I will miss Jay dearly. Our friendship spanned 30 years, and he helped me more than he will ever know. Rest in Peace, old friend....

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Re: Jay Storer
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 01:20:07 PM »
Sorry for the loss of your fried Paul, I remember the car & met Jay on a few occasions. Feuling Quad 4 IIRC.

Godspeed Jay.

Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 03:49:21 PM »
Sorry to hear House.  The Simca was iconic of that era of dry lakes racing IMO.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 09:41:48 PM »
Very sorry to hear, Paul.
Jay and you were among the first people I "bonded with" at the beginning of my Land Speed racing "career."
R.I.P., Jay.

Willi
Kraut Bros.
Who Has More Fun?