Author Topic: Hole Saw inventory liquidation sale (Not SPAM, this is for real).  (Read 35455 times)

Offline RichFox

Re: Hole Saw inventory liquidation sale (Not SPAM, this is for real).
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2017, 11:18:28 PM »
Mine just got here a little after 8PM. thanks UPS. Definitely carbide tipped and looking good.Tomorrow morning I am going to punch some holes that I don't need just to try them out. Never had carbide tipped hole saws before.   

Offline salt27

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2017, 11:26:14 PM »
Rich, go slow they don't like speed.

Don

Offline RichFox

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2017, 11:30:16 PM »
Neither do the bimetal I have always used. I just put the Bridgeport on the lowest speed and go for it. Should be educational, at least. Anybody that thinks they could use some hole saws, these look nice and the price is giving them away. I'll post tomorrow how they work.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2017, 12:11:44 AM »
A long time ago I tried some carbide tipped hole saw blades for notching tubing in the mill and I went back to the bimetal blades. The carbides didn't seem to like the interrupted cuts. The bimetal blades seem to last really well with mist coolant and moderate speeds.

Pete

Offline SteveM

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2017, 11:30:20 AM »
Glad to hear that shipments are arriving.   :cheers:

The floodwaters around here are receding, and most of the main highways have opened back up, so normal commerce can once again be conducted.

As far as "Giving them away" - yes, that's close to what we are doing with all this inventory.  We have given up on hole saw manufacturing, as it's no longer part of our core business.  That's a sad truth, but the times have changed, and the processes we used are no longer competitive with highly automated lines, many of which are not located in this country.

Every hole saw we are shipping is genuine Made-In-USA, by genuine USA citizens.  They may be marked with any number of recognizable names, and some have had the "MADE IN USA" tooling ground off, as they were for overseas customers who didn't want them to say Made In USA for some reason.

If anyone is interested in buying the entire production line, raw materials, tooling, punch presses, paint line, and related intellectual property, we can make you a screaming hot deal on the whole setup.  Just think - You could go into production making all the hole saws you could ever want.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline RichFox

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2017, 11:51:43 AM »
I tried a 1 7/16 carbide tip saw in a rusty .150 or so piece of steel '56 Chevy pickup frame. Ran it dry at 80 RPM. Cut like butter, almost, nice round on size hole with a pretty good finish. tried the 3 7/8 cutter also at 80 RPM. Slowest my machine will go. Cutting .041 half hard copper also dry. Which is what I wanted it for. Again worked just as I hoped. I say again. If you think you may want some hole saws someday. $2.35 you will never see anything like this again. Thanks Steve.

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2017, 02:27:38 PM »
Thank you Steve...Berry Fabrication will do it`s part to deplete the inventory :cheers:
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2017, 03:05:04 PM »
I just ordered a journeyman's set along with a 3" & 4" for good measure.  8-)

Now I have a set at my shop & at home.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Skip Pipes

• I hate being bipolar, its awesome!
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2017, 09:15:55 PM »
Also placed as large a PN order as the site would accommodate before freezing up. I'll outsmart it and figure out how to order the additional sized.

Skip Pipes 
Skip's Garage
Builder of the SUNBEAM ALPINE Police Interceptor

Offline Dr Goggles

• The Jarman-Stewart "Spirit of Sunshine" Bellytank
    • "Australian Bellytank" , http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2017, 10:17:58 PM »
I'll be happy when all the stock is gone.  That will mean that we have recaptured at least some of the value that was written off the books.

Along the way, I just hope we don't upset some customers when we don't have what they are looking for.

The SBE website sucks - plain and simple.  It doesn't have "live" inventory tracking, so it relies on a person to update quantities as orders are filled.

That kind of thing can result in wrong quantities being displayed as "in stock", when they may not actually be available.

In the very near future, SBE will have a completely new website, much easier to use, and with real-time inventory controls.  Setting up an account will require nothing more than a user name and password (no more complex ship-to address problems, etc)

Big Thanks to everyone who is helping to deplete this inventory.

I have a feeling that we are going to end up with a lot of hole saws in the sizes less than 1".  At that point, the prices may be reduced further.

Steve.

I've been trying to buy some but I get a warning that the site isn't secure. I also have to get them sent to someone in the States as there is no international shipping option.

This is not uncommon.

I recently had to buy a Robertshaw thermostat for a Garland gas range which I am refitting for our kitchen. I made various attempts to buy said thermostat over the net and eventually tried calling suppliers in the States. I'm not trying to be impolite but if the US wants to correct their balance of trade then they're going to have to sell things to people overseas and judging by the responses I got that's not going well. The most polite response I got was after they said they would not deal with me and me suggesting I could provide a forwarding address in the US they just hung up without even telling me to f$*% off.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

http://thespiritofsunshine.blogspot.com/

Current Australian E/GL record holder at 215.041mph

THE LUCKIEST MAN IN SLOW BUSINESS.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2017, 11:05:19 PM »
Doc. G. heck I will buy the hole saws and send them to you just for the wisdom I have gained from reading your build diary!

Steve, the Doctor needs some hole saws.... we have to figure this out.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2017, 12:04:13 AM »
I've got Don Jackson on the job, he's coming out here in October with his far better half, problem is buying them..... If I can PayPal Steve that would help...I'm just a little wary of paying by CC on unsecured sites.
Few understand what I'm trying to do but they vastly outnumber those who understand why...................

Offline Dr Goggles

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2017, 12:24:45 AM »
Oh, and I must correct you, "The Doctor WANTS some hole saws".........when it comes to tools wants is much more prevalent than needs.

Offline salt27

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2017, 08:17:26 AM »
James, If you want I'll give it a go on the hole saws for you.

Let me know so we don't double order.

Don

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2017, 08:43:24 AM »
Steve,

I want you (and everybody else on the board) to know that after contacting John via email, he has come up with a solution that satisfies everybody concerned, regarding my shipment.

Thanks again for making us aware of this super deal.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Mark

Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein