Author Topic: Hole Saw inventory liquidation sale (Not SPAM, this is for real).  (Read 35459 times)

Offline SteveM

Re: Hole Saw inventory liquidation sale (Not SPAM, this is for real).
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2017, 08:48:15 AM »
  Steve, You're one of the Good Guys. Thank you.
    Doug  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thank you.  Just don't let my wife find out.

Steve.
1/2 of the Rampage Brothers

Offline desotoman

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2017, 04:03:29 PM »
Hi Steve,

I have tried to put an order in for carbide Hole saws about 5 times and each time I get timed out on the computer. I called a phone number I found and a nice Lady transferred me to John L.'s voicemail. I left a message last Friday, but have not got a call back, at least no voice message on my machine. I just sent an email to ask how I can purchase what I need with the problems I am having with the timed out on the server.

Any help appreciated,

Tom G.

PM me if that is better for you.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2017, 05:56:59 PM »
Tom:

Sorry for the problems.  I'll try not to sound like I'm making excuses.... but there are a couple of things working against us right now.

The first is that we have a new website under development to address some of the glitches (i.e. being timed out to create an account).

We are also experiencing massive flooding conditions across several counties right now, which is affecting our business and employee's ability to make it to and from work.  Essentially, as of tonight, we will be "cut off" from all access to St Louis County, Franklin County, Washington County, Reynolds County, and probably a few others.  This is the second "500 year flood" we have seen in the last 2 years.  All the interstates, smaller highways, etc. which cross the Meremac River (which feeds into the Mississippi river a few miles from our plant) will be closed, possibly until the weekend.  We are in Jefferson County, MO - which is about to become an island.

It's entirely likely that John L will not be able to make it to the plant for the rest of the week.  The only viable path is to drive about 120 miles South, cross the Mississippi river near Sikeston, then drive back north 120 miles through Illinois to cross the Mississippi again.  Folks who "need" to make that journey will be clogging the highways, I'm sure.

Please send me a PM with the hole saws you are looking for.  I'll do my best to grab them tomorrow and set them aside for your order.

For everyone else, I'll just have to ask for your patience until the flood waters recede and we can resume normal business.

Thank you,

Steve.

Offline SteveM

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2017, 06:01:54 PM »
For anyone interested, here's a map of all the road closings due to current flooding in Missouri:

:-o

http://traveler.modot.org/map/

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2017, 06:44:15 PM »
Wholly shitt!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2017, 06:53:51 PM »
Best of luck there, Steve. I wish you could send us some of that water.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline desotoman

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2017, 07:17:32 PM »
Tom:

Sorry for the problems.  I'll try not to sound like I'm making excuses.... but there are a couple of things working against us right now.

The first is that we have a new website under development to address some of the glitches (i.e. being timed out to create an account).

We are also experiencing massive flooding conditions across several counties right now, which is affecting our business and employee's ability to make it to and from work. 

Thank you,

Steve.

Steve,

Thank you for the response and offer, much appreciated. I had no idea what kind of weather was going on back there, and after looking at the map, the most important thing right now is that everyone stays safe.

John replied to my email and I sent you a PM. Thanks again for your help. Who do I contact in the company to give you some at a boys for going above the call of duty?

Thanks again and stay safe.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2017, 09:51:13 PM »
Hi Steve,

Just received my hole saw order.   I ordered all carbide saws.   All were supplied in bi-metallic.

I'm wondering if the carbides were all sold out?

I'm not complaining @ 2.35 each.   Just wondering.

Thanks for letting us know about this deal.

:cheers:
Mark
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 12:57:11 AM »
How did you people order carbide-tipped hole saws? I saw nothing but bi-metal saws on the website- at least on the pages that were linked in the original post.

Oops! I see that the website DOES list carbide-tipped hole saws. [I'd delete this post, but don't know how?]
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 01:04:07 AM by Jack Gifford »
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline SteveM

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2017, 10:05:17 AM »
Hi Steve,

Just received my hole saw order.   I ordered all carbide saws.   All were supplied in bi-metallic.

Mark

Mark:  Sorry about that problem with your order.  John L told me that he would contact any customers whose orders could not be filled completely and offer substitutes where the original item was not available, but it's not like him to have filled an order with the wrong items.

Side note - what color are the hole saws you received?  All the CT saws should be black.

The Bi-Metal saws were produced in various colors for different companies over the years, but most of them will be either white or red.

Double-Side-Note.  It's raining here again, with predictions for 2-3 more inches of rain.  All major roads out of the county are closed.

It's like a Johnny Cash song over here.

Steve.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2017, 11:21:39 AM »
Johnny Cash song -- like the bad hemorrhoid song he sang -- "Burning Ring of Fire"?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SteveM

Offline fordboy628

• GONE FISHIN' . . .
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2017, 03:45:31 PM »
Hi Steve,

Mark

Mark:  Sorry about that problem with your order.  John L told me that he would contact any customers whose orders could not be filled completely and offer substitutes where the original item was not available, but it's not like him to have filled an order with the wrong items.

Side note - what color are the hole saws you received?  All the CT saws should be black.

The Bi-Metal saws were produced in various colors for different companies over the years, but most of them will be either white or red.

Double-Side-Note.  It's raining here again, with predictions for 2-3 more inches of rain.  All major roads out of the county are closed.

It's like a Johnny Cash song over here.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Yeah, all the saws are white, most are in boxes labeled Bi-metallic.

Sorry about your over abundance of di-hydrogen oxide.

Should I contact John L?   I'd rather have the carbides if they can be obtained, but I don't want to be a PITA either.

Please advise.
Mark
Science, NOT Magic . . . .

I used to be a people person.  But people changed that relationship.

"There is nothing permanent except change."    Heraclitus

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."     Albert Einstein

Offline SteveM

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2017, 04:10:00 PM »
Yes - let's put this back in John L's court. 

I want to make sure that he manages all this kind of stuff.  If we have the CT saws, we will get them shipped out.

You can keep the white ones, either way.

Steve.

Offline RogerL

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2017, 09:07:50 PM »
just received my order of CT (black) saws and a couple of arbors...as ordered. hell'va deal. thanks steve.