Author Topic: Should I go or should I stay (at home)?  (Read 15867 times)

Offline Trikejunkie

• New folks
  • Bikes done ............TECH to pass !
Re: Should I go or should I stay (at home)?
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2017, 05:36:07 PM »
Well Chris, I`m going-assuming I can get this darned Indian finished and find a company that will fly my bike out ! Failing that Hot Smurf and I will be three weeks in Vegas anyway so will be coming up to the salt just for a look see  at the racing ........I tried phoning u a couple of times the other week but GOT NO REPLY ! I`m assuming your house was PRETTY VACANT !  :roll:(best I could manage)

Offline Frenchinjection

• APS-BPS 750 Triumph Twin 775 . 152.35 record
    • Saltbike 775
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 09:00:29 AM »
Trikejunkie.  Our container will only have 5 bikes in it, I'm sure there is room for another.  We already have one guy shipping down from Scotland.  Only issue with containers is it leaves in 5 weeks!  Contact me if you want space.  Steve 07740 673853 

Offline Trikejunkie

• New folks
  • Bikes done ............TECH to pass !
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 02:19:29 PM »
Cheers Steve, probably a bit tight for me to be honest- I`m working 12 hour nights 7 days just now so time on my bike is a bit limited !

Offline desperate

• www.britchopper.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2017, 07:33:53 AM »
OK, I'm going, the bike's in the container with Steve & the other 3 from the UK & is currently somewhere off Holland. The flight's booked & paid for, entry fee is paid & I bought a new tent for sleeping at the "Bend in the Road". There'll be a big Union Jack flying, so drop by & say hi, or find us in the pits. The bike's a blown 1942 Indian Scout flathead powered "Special".
I had one problem. We fired it up the day it was to go for shipping & it had developed a misfire with no time to fix it, it's coil ignition (electronic trigger) & I'd cleaned the carb prior to starting it as it had been stored for a couple of years. Although I have enough parts in my spares box to replace all the electrics, I don't really want to so I decided to bite the bullet & order a Hunt magneto from VT Cycles in New York & bring it over as hand luggage. However, there's a hiccup regarding tracking it so I'm sweating that it turns up by August 6th!
In the event it doesn't arrive, does anyone have one I could borrow?
Don't push me, I'm close to the edge.

Buamotorsport

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2017, 03:09:03 PM »
Without doubt you need to go. My race car is entered and already in Tennessee. I just got the new seat fitted and our new engine is being bolted in this week. Then it's a long tow to Las Vegas and up to Wendover. Come say hello.

Offline blackslax

• Loring Timing Association
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2017, 08:34:57 PM »
Easy answer, GO! if it gets cancelled, ship it to Maine for the Harvest Event.  British Cycle Supply is at the track and they will store you gear.  Race, then ship it home from Portland or Halifax.
Tim Kelly
Race Director - LTA
www.loringtiming.com
People dont see the world the way things are, They see the world the way they are.

Offline comet

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2017, 03:11:36 AM »
Great news to hear that you are going to make it this year. Good luck with the bike. With luck it will be nothing more than a loose wire and easily traced.
Sounds like there will be a few Brits there this year. Good luck all of you. Enjoy it all and keep it the right way up.
 :cheers:

Offline rgdavid

• fancy metalwork
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2017, 01:10:09 PM »
Have fun Desperate, good luck,