Author Topic: It's Show and Tell time  (Read 16606 times)

Offline Peter Jack

Re: It's Show and Tell time
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2017, 10:32:31 AM »
BTW, there are a bunch of idiots here in South Africa with a class
in circuit racing called "Shelby Can Ams". They have Nissan motors in
 the cars. I guess they don't have a clue. I think they need to be set straight.

They may not have a clue because most of them may not have been into cars when CAN-AM was real, and it was glorious, but I'll bet they're having a blast. You can't drive an open sports racing car without the result being a smile on your face.  :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 07:56:30 PM »
Mike, Peter;

This was the real deal- Can-Am in the early '70s.  :cheers:

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline tauruck

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 12:26:12 PM »
The closest I got was slot cars. :-D

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 02:24:44 PM »
Mike, Peter;

The MacLaren #64 in that photo was Bob Peckham's car. I was on his crew back in '72 & '73-- the "Golden Age" of Can-Am. No sponsor at all but we finished as high as 6th and never DNF'd.

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2018, 03:02:20 PM »
well this came to  a screeching halt.....anyone want to see the `40 Ford banjo I`m turning into a quick change?
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2018, 06:51:37 PM »
I do.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2018, 02:07:48 AM »
This is my third summer of poking around almost every day in a 1917 Buick.
A couple of winters ago I got a little bored and put together an off-road kart, to play in the back forty. Just finished a rollcage for it today. My sons haven't hurt themselves when rolling it over, but I'm tired of patching up steering, fenders, etc.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2018, 06:05:09 AM »
Mike, Peter;

This was the real deal- Can-Am in the early '70s.  :cheers:

Neil, that is the old Riverside Raceway track and I know that corner well. Never did get it quite right but came close a couple of times. It goes slightly off camber to the right and if you carry too much speed going in, you find yourself over on what we affectionately called Nofsinger Flats (a fellow racer who rarely got it right). I loved that track in all it's configurations except the NASCAR circuit. Way, way too long for a Formula Vee. Coming off the last turn headed for turn nine, a big, fast right hand sweeper, you could read a book before you ever got there. It was so sad to see Riverside give way to housing development. So much lost history.

John

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2018, 06:13:43 AM »
BTW, there are a bunch of idiots here in South Africa with a class
in circuit racing called "Shelby Can Ams". They have Nissan motors in
 the cars. I guess they don't have a clue. I think they need to be set straight.

Ah, the old/new SCCA Can-Am. SCCA tried to make a pro series out of it but did not take. Looks like a few of them landed overseas. At one time, you could buy a lightly used one for around $10K USD.

John

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2018, 09:20:15 AM »
Jack, it looks to me like you're having way too much fun.  :-D :-D :-D  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline floydjer

« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2018, 09:54:03 AM »
I shall re-size some pics just for you SB.....and that Buick is way cool Jack.
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Buamotorsport

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2018, 10:22:37 AM »
Toys....well here is mine. It is an Aston Martin Vanquish Volante V12. One of only 6 built to celebrate 60 years of Aston Martin. This is Number 4. I love driving this and use it as my commute car some days. It differs from the normal Aston by way of the spec when it was built and the color and the interior trim. This is the only one i know of in the UK the rest having been sold abroad. The Coupe is my Aston Vanquish V12.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 10:29:52 AM by Buamotorsport »

Buamotorsport

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2018, 10:32:44 AM »
Pet wise....these are my Fish. I have an above ground 3000 gallon tank in the garden with a full glass front. These guys and gals will come sit on my hand and feed from my fingers.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2018, 12:19:11 PM »
I would love to see your quick change, I am looking for a rear end now,  for a faux '54 Mexican road race 34 Ford Roadster pick up.  I plan on building to build this winter.  I now have most of the parts.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline floydjer

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2018, 02:51:10 PM »
Sparky too?  maybe a secret hand shake is in order :cheers: