Author Topic: It's Show and Tell time  (Read 16610 times)

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: It's Show and Tell time
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 05:27:18 PM »
Hmmm. Lemme take a peek in the garage...`32 ford 3 window.. B.B.C, 4 wheel independent susp. w/ Benson quick change and  power everything...`34 Ford 3 window..steel body w/ 6 inch chop  ,small block, over drive 4 speed and another quick change ( I love gear whine)  And the latest project for Mrs. Floydjer...`40 Ford woodie..Chevy 350,auto trans and ...another quick change.  :cheers:

Still waiting for pics of these, but not holding my breath.   :dhorse: 

Oh, yeah, I'm always up for a quickchange, too.   :mrgreen:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2018, 12:17:23 PM »
37 V-60 frt axle
long bell 331
nos Cragar to 50-60s 3 spd Ford
Buick Brakes
Early for pedals
34 Ford cab and pu bed no doors
Beer keg "fuel tank"  Tripple nickel heads
plan on building dual carb "log style" manifold

34 inst cluster
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2018, 01:06:17 PM »
Definitely not as high-zoot as some of my compatriots here, but $500 54 Plymouth on $250 78 El Camino chassis . . .

Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2018, 01:11:06 PM »
. . . free 48 Mercury pickup spindles traded for engine . . .
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2018, 03:00:34 PM »
Stan
Just out of curiosity, what is the difference between 48 Mercury pickup and 48 Ford pickup spindles? Inquiring minds want to know. Whatever it is, you got the better deal. :-D :-D

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2018, 05:30:48 PM »
48 Mercury spindles are ferrin!  (I believe they're the same as 41-48 Ford car spindles.)

I traded them to my ex-partner for his 40 Ford knowing (hoping) they didn't fit (square, as opposed to round).  I had to get even for the $80,000 he screwed me out of.  Well, it made me feel a little bit better.

Offline Ron Gibson

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2018, 06:45:06 PM »
You're calling some of our Northern racing friends Ferriners :? :? :-D
I knew Mercury trucks were Ferrin by being (made?) sold north of the border. I've got three 53-56 F100's. I thought the only difference was the Badge and the tail gate says Mercury.

Ron
Life is an abrasive. Whether you get ground away or polished to a shine depends on what you are made of.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2018, 07:28:13 PM »
Let's not get off track here.

I read where the Pilgrims who landed at Plymouth Rock ran into a bunch of natives a year or two later that spoke French.  Kinda ruined their story as being pioneers in the area.  Or maybe the natives had signed up for internet language lessons.  I'm not great on history, but I don't tweet, either.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2018, 11:46:30 PM »
no tweets    :?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2018, 12:33:12 AM »
Stan- what's the hemi intake manifold?

That's the most "cost effective" '54 Plymouth on this planet! I like the frenched headlights- do them yourself?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 12:37:48 AM by Jack Gifford »
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2018, 09:49:54 AM »
That reminds me of a 54 Dodge 4 door that I had in High School I put 53 Mec headlight rings and frenched them and the taillights slammed it with full length lakes pipes pained 54 Wilys metallic green---my friends called it the Green S-it Shooter---flathead six instead of a hemi though---looked and looked for one I could afford back then--never did

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2018, 12:56:06 PM »
"Stan- what's the hemi intake manifold?"

It's a Hot Heads that I ground off the injector(?) bosses(?) and had polished.  She want $175 to polish it, I said give me $100 worth.

"That's the most "cost effective" '54 Plymouth on this planet! I like the frenched headlights- do them yourself?"

No body work involved.  The trim pieces fit in the stock fender opening.  They're off International Travel-All grilles – $1 each at Pick-A-Part.

By the way, the body's channeled 4" over the frame with road racing springs in the back and very slightly cut heavy duty coils in the front.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 12:59:39 PM by Stan Back »

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2018, 01:03:05 PM »
Definitely not as high-zoot as some of my compatriots here, but $500 54 Plymouth on $250 78 El Camino chassis . . .

That's oozing with "high-zoot" Stan, unlike that checkbook $hit!
  Sid.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2018, 06:28:00 PM »
Jerry, there is something basically wrong with putting Chebby engines in Fords....  :cheers:

Yup. :evil: :-D :-D :-D

Offline n49racer

• Faster Faster
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2018, 08:27:07 PM »
I was gonna say this may be off topic but then i couldn't remember what the topic was, so here goes. What I got goin in the shop. I just in the design stage of a 34 Ford 5 window street car. Chopped (a bunch) and lookin like a 50s B'Ville car. The choice of mill will be a stroker 354 HeMi. Here it comes.....has anybody had any experience with a front mount roots blower hangin off the front of the engine ie; no hood scoop (or rad, at least not in the front)  I'm concerned about how this setup might work on the street. I think it would look darn cool behind a track nose.

Cheers,  :cheers:
Ted

B/STR  209.97 best
B/RMR  248.45 Record Holder 2012
B/FRMR  248.85 Record Holder 2012
2 club member 2012