Author Topic: Ron Leslie  (Read 2190 times)

velocity

Ron Leslie
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:12:30 AM »
Had to call Ron this morning about a bit of racing history, but his manager Chris took the call and told me Ron lost his battle with cancer only hours before.
Another land speed racer over the finish line. . .
Another page of history has been turned. . .

Below is from the company FB page and I am told more information will be forthcoming.

"Today, with heavy hearts, we bid a final farewell to our leader of the last generation.
Early this morning Ron Leslie went home to be with his Lord. Ron’s love for this company was great, but not nearly as great as his love for his friends, his church, and his family.

The lives that he touched are countless and the legacy he leaves immense.
While the salesmen of K&L no longer need to fear Ron’s earthly wrath, there is a cold water stream in heaven full of trout with a new nemeses."

LandSpeed Louise

Cards may be shared with the family via USPS to PO Box 1066 Arvada, CO 80001

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: Ron Leslie
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 10:54:37 AM »
very sad news.

I only meet him once to say him thank you. He was part of the group who helped to turn my dream, to get a Red Hat, into reality.

Ron, you was man with a great heart....R.I.P. .....and a wonderful friend of the speed community.
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 07:19:28 PM »
Stainless and I met Ron through Ben Jordon in the early 1970s. He was very supportive of LSR and sponsored our streamliner and our lakester Bockscar with BG oil products. Stainless came to Denver last weekend and we went to visit Ron. I asked him how he was doing and he replied "I am doing the best I can".
He will be missed. RIP Ron.

John
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline jim b

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 10:32:38 AM »
Sad news. I came to know him while working at Kenz & Leslie in the early 80's. While always busy with projects he was always best working with people around him.