Author Topic: Jerico ratios  (Read 6549 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Jerico ratios
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 05:44:21 PM »
Ron;

Sum has made provisions for three different sets of conditions in his spreadsheet. Just scroll down to #2 & #3.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 09:05:05 AM »
Sum
I'm amost totally stupid when it comes to computers, Sometimes I can find the keyboard :-D
How do I create another file for your spreadsheet to compare ratios without changing all info on existing file? Or do I just print and change info?
For all, I have 3 more set of drive gears. If I go with 27/22 M/D in the 2.68 low it comes up with 1st  2.382  2nd  1.636  3rd  1.178. To me third seems pretty close, but thats why I'm asking those that have been there.

Ron

Ron what I would do would be to input the basic data (rear, tires, gear sets) into one spreadsheet and then save it under 3 or 4 different names.  Then open all three or four and change the drive gears in the transmission in each one.

I personally like the ratios you posted way better than with the other drive gears.  I think they get the splits down where they would be a lot better and the 17% going into 4th would be good.  We ran with a .93 (7%) overdrive the year Hooley got the second record with the car and liked that smaller drop to run the last part of the 5 miles with, so I don't think the 17% is too small at all,

Sumner

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 01:23:10 PM »
I say pay attention to Jimmy Six--he gets it ----in my opinion--

-I am trying to run 100 MPH more so my splits have to be wider and I have 2 more gears to try to help but my splits are very similar to his that last split needs to be fairly close mine are.

22 21 17 11 10

His with a 4 speed are: 25 14 6
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 01:25:58 PM by SPARKY »
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!