Author Topic: Vents  (Read 3494 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Vents
« on: March 07, 2017, 10:12:03 PM »
The rear vents are finished so I cut out both L & R front fender vents today. At lunch a few weeks ago John Horsman said that I should add one more vent slot in top of the front fenders, the existing ones were too far to the rear. I followed his advice since he has spent a lot of time in the MIRA (Motor Industry Research Association) testing Ford GT40s, Porsche 917s, and Mirages (the Gulf Racing Mirages), and others.

To make another vent, I used a 1 1/2” hole saw and the HF body saw to make a slot in front of the forward most louver. This should make the anti-lift aerodynamics more effective.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Vents
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 10:15:11 PM »
Photos

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 11:52:37 PM »
Neat work Neil.
They look great. :cheers:

Offline floydjer

• "There is no duck side of the moon..."
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 08:30:29 AM »
Nice work (as always ) I wonder if you could whip -up covers over them..ala Daytona/Superbird to smooth the flow?/
I`d never advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone...But they work for me.

Offline Slide

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 06:51:59 PM »
Dodnyou hand fabricate the internal portion of the vents? Usually I see the "louver" stick up, that's awesome that it's an internal "louver"

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 06:57:58 PM »
The louvers were molded into the fiberglass when the body was laid-up by the factory but it's up to the customer to cut them out. As far as a cover goes, the depressed louver should have good airflow; I think a cover would disturb that flow.