Author Topic: Cool underwear:  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Cool underwear:
« on: March 06, 2017, 02:16:06 PM »
I ran across this in the latest edition of "Racecar Engineering" it is race underwear that is supposed to provide cooling when it gets to hot in your race car. This is their web site: http://www.walero.uk/about/ I would bet that most drivers at the salt as they set in their cars at the starting line in the sun and 100 deg temp would probably appreciate something that could make them cooler plus they are fire retardant. I think I am going to get a set for my son.   

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Cool underwear:
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 04:18:27 PM »
Vescos driver use water cooled vests car has a small water tank and added crushed ice. Turn on the little pump and go.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 11:21:06 PM »
I use a Cool Shirt in my Tank and it makes all the difference in the world. When my core temperature is kept in check I can think more clearly. I consider it a safety issue. Your mileage may vary.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 08:06:17 AM »
I use a cool shirt as well. SFI  spec. Just plumb a small pump and lines in the chest that runs ice water to my intercooler- or just to the cool shirt. It is a life saver, 'specially when you are all suited up at the front of the line and there is a hold. Wouldn't go to speed week without now. Cooler venues maybe get away without.
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline awelker

• www.vonwelker.com
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 08:55:39 AM »
Interesting read about the Walero product, it would be interesting to try and see how long it will absorb heat, it does say there is a limit.

Last year I used a coolshirt with a portable cooler and pump just for sitting in line, no place to add a pump or tank in the car and didn't want to be bothered with hoses when getting out.  What a difference!  I used the 10 quart round coolshirt cooler and zip-tied a 12 volt battery pack to the side of it to make it self contained. Well worth the money.