Author Topic: Update from Richard Parks  (Read 4881 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Update from Richard Parks
« on: February 16, 2017, 07:52:26 PM »
I got this email from Richard today and will pass it along for your edification and perusal.

"Update for those on my old Car Racers Newsletter:
     April 1, 2017..........Santa Ana Drags Reunion, 10 am to 2 pm, Santiago Creek Park located at Lawson Way and East Memory Lane, Santa Ana, California.  No charge to attend, light lunch provided by Gene Mitchell.  Group photograph at 1 pm.

April 29, 2017........Gas-Up Party and Dry Lakes Hall of Fame Induction ceremony for David Parks.  Contact Gold Coast Roadster and Racing Club, attention Mark and Vickie Mendenhall, Vvulture@hwy246.net for details and pit passes.

Will Moore, Nick Arias Jr, Jim Van Dyke and Pete Chapouris recently passed away.  I have stories on Moore and Arias if you would like to have them.  Email me at Rnparks1@juno.com. 

Faith Granger, the lady who wrote, directed and produced that excellent hot rod movie "The Deuce of Spades" needs help.  Her old trailer which she used to go to car shows and hot rod reunions needs massive work or if anyone has a trailer to transport her equipment and videos of the movie.  "Deuce of Spades" was a project of love for the hot rod culture.  If you can spare an old, enclosed trailer it would help her out immensely and hopefully we can help get her started on a sequel.  If anyone would like a copy of my review of the movie, please write to me.  Faith's email is Deuceofspadesmv@aol.com.

Best,

Richard Parks"
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com