Author Topic: Aussie Invader  (Read 7926 times)

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
Aussie Invader
« on: January 05, 2017, 09:05:24 PM »
Really tough news about Rosco and his rocket powered LSR, Aussie Invader. After two years of govenment supported funding, the Australian govenment decided that his project doesn't qualify as a research and development project so they are demanding a return of $180,000 dollars. It's kind of similar to receiving DARPA funds in the USA. How Rosco is going to return the funds is a bit of a problem because the money is now in nuts/bolts/rivets etc. I hope they can figure this out. Rosco has tried to get a meeting with the Prime Minister but they appearantly won't return his calls. BAD NEWS!!!!
Ed

Offline tauruck

Re: Aussie Invader
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 07:33:44 AM »
Put it in a container and leave for Utah.

Offline martine

• Vero Drive - Advanced Driving Coaching
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 12:24:41 PM »
Worse...I believe it's gone into administration - presumably the debtors have called time (I'm guessing the Aussie tax dept. but may be suppliers as well).

The Bloodhound team have publically expressed their sympathy and published a letter of support - although they are 'competing' for the LSR both teams have a lot of respect for each other.
Martin - Bloodhound LSR ambassador

Offline N72727

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 01:23:56 AM »

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 10:56:01 AM »
 :-D  Just what one should expect from dealing with "The Govt."
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline F104A

• http://www.landspeed.com
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 01:42:53 AM »
Way back when we first started the NAE project, the USAF donated a bunch of F-104 and J-79 parts to us. They were parts destined for the grinder and declared of no value. In about one year, I was contacted and told to return them for disposal. I also had two men in dark suits pay me a visit to accuse me of selling the parts to foreign governments. I told them to come get their f--ing parts off my property or I would begin charging them for storage fee's. It didn't take long and they came and got them. It was really scary and messed up. I fear any involvement with the government and if an offer of support were offered to me, I would tell them to go to hell.
Ed

Offline MX304

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »
The Aussie team just shared an update. Apparently everything is worked out and work on the car is resuming.