Author Topic: 200MPH Vintage Class Bike Build  (Read 77198 times)

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
Re: 200MPH Vintage Class Bike Build
« Reply #150 on: September 06, 2017, 02:44:41 AM »
Alp, met you and Jameika (hope I spelled that right) in the 6 parking lot during engine rebuild.  Very well made bike for those that did not get to see it. 
Looking forward to your continued success  :cheers:

I remember, you were with the Target 550 team. Thank you.

Well, there was a lot of folks talking to you and following your rebuild......

Stainless is from the Bockscar Team, tall fellow, he can look in your eyes without looking up and mostly, when in the Motel 6 parking lot, he is holding a bottle of beer....there was also Doc Freud (Target 550)....an older, very interesting chap who can tell you the greatest story of Don Vesco and bike racer from the 70's, Bret (Kepner) the TV man, he done some picture with his phone.....it was me (Bockscar and Target 550), when Bret was at the place...this guy with the strange accent...sounds like he could be a biker from Germany...
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline astek

• Alp Racing & Design
« Reply #151 on: September 06, 2017, 03:10:47 PM »

Well, there was a lot of folks talking to you and following your rebuild......

Stainless is from the Bockscar Team, tall fellow, he can look in your eyes without looking up and mostly, when in the Motel 6 parking lot, he is holding a bottle of beer....there was also Doc Freud (Target 550)....an older, very interesting chap who can tell you the greatest story of Don Vesco and bike racer from the 70's, Bret (Kepner) the TV man, he done some picture with his phone.....it was me (Bockscar and Target 550), when Bret was at the place...this guy with the strange accent...sounds like he could be a biker from Germany...

I knew I was wrong :)  Thanks PorkPie, It was a busy night. I also talked to Marlo Treit and Bret took pictures that evening for a BangShift feature, we were exhausted but it was fun to talk to you guys! Here is the article from that evening. https://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/bonneville-rebuilding-amazing-motorcycle-bed-truck-sitting-front-motel-6-hotel-room/

Offline edinlr

« Reply #152 on: September 06, 2017, 07:08:35 PM »
Great job Alp, I would have stopped to help but I was over at the Montego Bay changing a clutch and oil pump in their parking lot.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2017, 09:57:46 PM »
Wow! I saw this bike at WOS and it is far better looking in person. Superb craftsmanship and a killer bike.

John

Offline **RP**

« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2018, 09:37:49 AM »
I hope I will be the first to get into the 200mph club with a pre 56 vintage class motorcycle.

I believe Max has already done that with his Vincent streamliner.

I looked in the books (SCTA/AMA), couldn't find any record over 200mph in any vintage motorcycle class, I could be wrong.

I think Dave Matson out of Michigan is in the 200mph club on a vintage class Vincent, he did it more than 20 years ago.
Ralph Pitlock
www.paintworkz.com

Offline edinlr

« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2018, 01:41:01 PM »
Dave's records were back in the 80's.  I think even before the vintage class was set up.  The last records I saw were in 2000CC M-F @ 210.357 and MPS-F at 225.643.
Honda CX650 turbo, Kawasaki H2 Ninja, Kawasaki ZX750 turbo

Offline Bookfla

« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2018, 02:54:07 PM »
Speedweek was a test & tune event for our new bike. The new frame geometry/body design performed well, reached 170mph, got into high speed wobbles few times (due to ruts and soft spots) fortunately saved and proved stable. Fastest average speed within the measured mile was around 150+ The best news is the new partial streamline bike design passed safety and class compliance inspection. We will need better salt/conditions to go faster..

First off I'd like to say what a nice build this is and your approach on breaking out of the box on concept and design is impressive. I really like the design of your front fender breaking over the transition gap between fender and fairing. You stated in an earlier comment (with a pic) that your design was SCTA compliant. I thought the fender requirements say you must stay within 1.75" of the tire diameter while being allowed to go 2.0" inches to the side on flair over front end downtubes on both sides. What the rule does not state is a total height limit of the fender. Is that how you get around the high point of the fender being taller than 1.75"?