Author Topic: Pontiac 4 cyl...  (Read 17390 times)

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
Re: Pontiac 4 cyl...
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2016, 07:52:27 PM »
I found this photo on Michael LeFevers's facebook page. Perhaps it is the blown configuration. States as a question "Mickey & Fitz changing bearings with the blown Tempest 4 engine at March AFB?"

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2016, 08:01:38 PM »
I found this photo on Michael LeFevers's facebook page. Perhaps it is the blown configuration. States as a question "Mickey & Fitz changing bearings with the blown Tempest 4 engine at March AFB?"

BR

Danny Thompson answered my ?? stating this picture was indeed at March AFB during his (Mickey) multi-vehicle record fest.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 01:44:52 PM »
  The engine, along with all the spare parts are now owned by The World of Speed Museum in Wilsonville, Oregon.  The engine is on display in the "dragster/lakester" body along with several other of Mickey's cars.  When I was last there they also had the 4 engine streamliner which was on loan from the Thompson family.
  If You are in the Northwest You need to check out the Museum.  It is located right on I-5 just south of Portland and has a ton (literally) of great cars from Nascar to Indy to Drag Racing to famous motorcycles to hot rods of the forties and fifties on up.
  Lot's of Landspeed cars and bikes and they rotate the display vehicles with other famous museums and private collectors so even if You have already been there, its worth going again and again.
                                                                                                      One Run, out
Bob Drury

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 02:05:15 PM »
Are you sure, Bob? 

I just went thru all of the pictures that I took (a lot) and the only 4-cylinder seems to be in Attempt 1, which is not visible but, based on the body, appears to be unblown.

Are you thinking about the 2-cylinder?

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2016, 03:28:49 PM »
He might be talking about this engine that came from Bucky Austin?

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 09:43:42 PM »
  Mike, well at least I was half right...............  :-P :-P :-P   O.R.B.    :roll: :-D
Bob Drury

Offline Black Rose Racing

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 09:26:22 PM »
  If You are in the Northwest You need to check out the Museum.  It is located right on I-5 just south of Portland and has a ton (literally) of great cars from Nascar to Indy to Drag Racing to famous motorcycles to hot rods of the forties and fifties on up.
  Lot's of Landspeed cars and bikes and they rotate the display vehicles with other famous museums and private collectors so even if You have already been there, its worth going again and again.
                                                                                                      One Run, out

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2017, 03:49:08 AM »
Well Rod Hynes got back to me regarding this car. The first picture was indeed from 71 as previously stated. He sent a couple older photos of the car so I had to share.

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2017, 04:57:09 AM »
Well here are a few more of the same car/engine...