Author Topic: Lakester WheelBase & Track  (Read 18212 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Lakester WheelBase & Track
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2016, 10:17:46 AM »
just keep pondering the car will finally get around to telling you what to do---but it can and will change its mind if THINGS C?HANGE   :-D
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2016, 11:00:49 AM »
Are ya keepin up with all this OJ? :-D What's OJ short for, ya last name isn't Simpson is it? :evil:
If you plan on getting yourself down in there or even looking through the nose, you will need to come up with a helmet with enough front opening depth to see over the chin area plus the mandatory head n neck crap. Put the helmet on, standing straight put your chin on your chest, if you can see your feet that'll work. If ya belly's in the way......build a door car.  :|
  Sid. 

Nope, not Simpson & the glove don't fit me either!
I haven't missed anything, my pea brain is processing and absorbing at full speed.  If I ask the same questions next week its' because I temporarily confused myself.

As you can see there are a lot of people here willing to share there knowledge, unlike most other motor sports. Tanks are a different animal & salt racing is a whole different animal even to straight line airport stuff. Weight & balance & front end geometry are hugely important on the salt, you'll get basically the same advice from tank/lakester guys & then a theoretical variation from others. You are about to embark on building an oversize ship in a bottle where everything is a compromise & the rewards are huge.
  Sid. 

Offline oj

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 11:40:15 AM »
Are ya keepin up with all this OJ? :-D What's OJ short for, ya last name isn't Simpson is it? :evil:
If you plan on getting yourself down in there or even looking through the nose, you will need to come up with a helmet with enough front opening depth to see over the chin area plus the mandatory head n neck crap. Put the helmet on, standing straight put your chin on your chest, if you can see your feet that'll work. If ya belly's in the way......build a door car.  :|
  Sid. 

Nope, not Simpson & the glove don't fit me either!
I haven't missed anything, my pea brain is processing and absorbing at full speed.  If I ask the same questions next week its' because I temporarily confused myself.

As you can see there are a lot of people here willing to share there knowledge, unlike most other motor sports. Tanks are a different animal & salt racing is a whole different animal even to straight line airport stuff. Weight & balance & front end geometry are hugely important on the salt, you'll get basically the same advice from tank/lakester guys & then a theoretical variation from others. You are about to embark on building an oversize ship in a bottle where everything is a compromise & the rewards are huge.
  Sid. 

A friend that raced competitive NHRA 'Stock' class went to visit Bonneville and was shocked at the attitude.  He said that his fellow racers at an NHRA event were a secretive, backstabbing vindictive bunch that celebrated whenever a fellow racer got 'tore down' by tech but everybody he talked to in Bonneville would drag him over to their car, enthieustically tear the car half apart to show him what they'd done to run so fast.  Quite a difference.