Author Topic: Hurricane Matthew  (Read 2481 times)

gkabbt

Hurricane Matthew
« on: October 08, 2016, 01:02:54 PM »
Hurricane Matthew came ashore NE of Charleston, SC this AM and we're really starting to get more of the storm now. Winds are down to around 75mph on the coast and we're getting around 10-15 sustained with gust to around 35-40 mph. We're supposed to get between 5-8" of rain with flooding. I wish we could send some of this water ouT west!

NWS link:  http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=rax&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Gregg

« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:29:45 PM by SPARKY »

gkabbt

Re: Hurricane Matthew
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 05:16:34 AM »

Thankfully, we had no major damage.....a LOT of small tree limbs down. We ended up with 8" of rain and I just saw on the news that Fayetteville, to our South, got 15". There is some minor flooding around us and the more major stuff is to our South and East, nearer the coast. Only lost power a couple of times for about 3 mins. each!
As I posted yesterday, I wish we could've sent ALL this out West!

Gregg

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 10:21:25 AM »
LSR news and weather, here on KABT.  :wink:

Glad you're okay, Gregg - a lot of racers in that neck of the woods. 

Frank, Amy - you two alright as well?
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 02:20:02 PM »
We  did  complete hurricane prep down here in Fort Lauderdale. Shutters,  water, food, fueled and tested the diesel backup generator. We had what amounted to  a raining breezy day. Can't take any of  these storms lightly. Better to  be prepared and have it blow by. The media could lighten up a little bit, they seem so excited to predict death and destruction.

Gregg, glad you are ok.

BR

ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 09:40:56 PM »
Glad everyone is ok. I guess we were in the sweet spot down here at the coast. We are about a 1/4 mile from the ocean and had a couple of limbs and a butt load of pine cones. Pray for those who have it worse. :cheers:
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15