Author Topic: Anyone going to Maxton Oct 28-29 ??  (Read 3531 times)

Offline THE ICE MAN

• New folks
Anyone going to Maxton Oct 28-29 ??
« on: October 15, 2006, 09:19:12 PM »
New to this board, how are you guys ?
I am going to try and see how fast I go at Maxton this month and
I hope to meet some of you guys up there, it should be alot of fun.
AcePerformanceRacing.com
39 records @ Maxton  in 10 LSR Events.
650,1000,1350,1650,2000,3000,3001+ G&F classes.
Top speed 236.96 mph.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
28-29 October Maxton
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 08:37:39 AM »
Nancy and I will be there -- without race bikes, except if you count the Seldom Seen Silly pit bike (you had to be there to understand. . .).

The October meet is fine get-together -- last meet of the year (except for November El Mirage, but that's way over on the left side of the map -- who wants to go there and miss rain and bare trees and muddy roads?), so there's a good assortment of folks wanting to get one last visit in before winter settles upon us.

Got your lodging arranged?  Joined ECTA and sent in your pre-registration?  Downloaded a copy of the bike inspection sheet so you know what you'll need to have done BEFORE you get in the tech inspection line?  Know where the track is?

We sure look forward to seeing you in less than two weeks -- new folks are always welcome.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline THE ICE MAN

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 09:12:41 AM »
Yes I have most of the stuff taken care of including lodging.
We will have the ACE PERFORMANCE on the side of our trailer, were coming from Ft.Lauderdale FL. and I will be racing a Busa and ZX10
for the weekend, cant wait.
Stop by and say hello.
Sal.
AcePerformanceRacing.com
39 records @ Maxton  in 10 LSR Events.
650,1000,1350,1650,2000,3000,3001+ G&F classes.
Top speed 236.96 mph.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Maxton Halloween meet
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 09:35:25 AM »
No, you stop by and say hello - in the inspection line.  I have the pleasure of being one of the bike inspectors at Maxton -- that's one reason I suggested you get the tech sheet (and get the rulebook if you don't have it already) and do the stuff before you get in line for inspection.  Lots of first-timers get delayed in receiving their inspected stickers because of stuff like the tether/lanyard isn't right, leathers don't pass, helmet doesn't have Snell 2000 or better sticker inside, don't have a valid race vehicle number yet or it isn't displayed on the bike, plastic chain guard, and so on and so forth.

We do our best to let everyone race if at all possible -- but many of the above items (and many, many others) are issues that we can't "let go through this time, I promise I'll fix it by the next event".  We want to get you out racing as soon as we can -- do your homework now and make your runs on a bike that didn't cause you frustrations at the track (for not being ready.  You are welcome to be frustrated when you break something!).

We'll see you soon.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline bbb

• Aerodynamically Challenged
  • JorNic Motorsports
    • JorNic Motorsports, Charlottesville, Va.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 10:50:20 AM »
and a darn thorough inspector he is... thanks jon :D

Offline Larry Forstall

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 03:20:08 PM »
Team Forstall-DeLuca-Knecum will be there running 1000 & 1650 P-P. Yes, the old man will appear. Next year a naked turbo Busa!! Hey Slim, palm down for the fiver at inspection.   :lol:

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
Maxton
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 03:46:51 PM »
"Fiver"?  If you're going to imply that I can be bought, at least make it an honorable amount!

You know, like the guy that asked the girl "Will you go to bed with me for $100,000?  She said "I Sure Would!"

Next he asked if she'd go to bed with him for 25 cents.  She replied "Just what kind of girl do you think I am?

He said:  "We've already determined what kind of girl you are.  Now all we're doing is dickering over the price."

If you're going to say I'm that kind of girl -- at least make me an expensive one, hey?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com