Author Topic: Thanks for the Memories  (Read 3485 times)

gkabbt

Thanks for the Memories
« on: October 04, 2016, 06:06:37 PM »
Since this will be the last time I'll be up this way for a while, I went back over at the Air Force Museum again yesterday! This place is so huge that every time I go, I see something I have missed or did not take time to see previously. One of the things I did this time was to stop at a good size display on Bob Hope entertaining troops.....VERY talented entertainer to say the least!

Museum link:  
http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Visit/MuseumExhibits/FactSheets/Display/tabid/509/Article/196841/bob-hope-50-years-of-hope.aspx

On my long drive home today, I started thinking about the ECTA at Wilmington. Many GOOD times as well as a few bad ones and that led me to think of Bob Hope and his signature song.

So, I would like to say to the ECTA, Racers and Wilmington,   Thanks for the Memories!

Gregg

Edited to add Museum link above
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 07:01:08 AM by gkabbt »

Offline Stan Back

Re: Thanks for the Memories
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 07:43:50 PM »
. . . is that what it was!

about 50 feet from the "stage", I thought it was "Thanks for the Mammaries".
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

gkabbt

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 07:57:29 PM »
. . . is that what it was!

about 50 feet from the "stage", I thought it was "Thanks for the Mammaries".

Only from the mind of Mr. Back!  :-D  :-D  :-D

You only thought about those because of the "Girls" that Hope probably had with him!

Gregg

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 12:28:06 AM »
... or the Camp Cook.................... just sayin............ :roll: :roll: :cheers: :-D
                                                                   Ol' One Run and no I ain't dead yet... maybe slightly odoriferous though, out....................................
Bob Drury

gkabbt

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 06:46:44 AM »
... or the Camp Cook.................... just sayin............ :roll: :roll: :cheers: :-D
                                                                   Ol' One Run and no I ain't dead yet... maybe slightly odoriferous though, out....................................
Only from the mind of Bob Drury.....LOL!!!!!  :-o  :roll:  :-D  :mrgreen:  :cheers:

Gregg

PS
Been wondering if you we still alive or had been powder coated and given to Stan!
I'll give you a call later today.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 06:56:43 AM by gkabbt »