Author Topic: Shootout 2016  (Read 91469 times)

Offline kiwi belly tank

Re: Shootout 2016
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2016, 10:31:21 PM »
"So, where do you draw the line?"

At the class breaks.

SCTA, FIA, FIM, WLSRA, ... 

How many lines???

Who is the WLSRA?
  Sid.

World Land Speed Racing Association
Well I figured that's what WLSRA meant but "who are they?"
  Sid.

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #181 on: September 28, 2016, 12:45:02 AM »
WLSRA has a website- from which I didn't learn much. The drop-down menu entry "governing body" shows only "coming soon". :roll: A motley group of a half-dozen vehicles is shown for "existing records". Classes include boats, hovercraft, and ???
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline trimmers

• Jeff in Boise
« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2016, 06:31:29 AM »
Trim, can you research and publish a list of all of the FIA/FIM classes, class description and the current records to make it easier for a lot of us to understand. 
Yea I know... that is a lot of work  :cheers:

That's a pretty tall order!  Dave Petralli had such a list with him at the Shootout - in book form.  The print was mighty small and it was many pages long.

You can find them on the FIA's website at:     http://www.fia.com/sports/fia-world-land-speed-records      once there, scroll down to "List of Records - Category A".  clicking on that will bring up the list in pdf.

If I run short of projects over the winter, maybe I can compose a condensed list for publication here.

------------- 1 of just 3 in all 3  -------------
USFRA 130 MPH Club 09/18/2008 136.757
USFRA 150 MPH Club 09/17/2009 152.162
Bonneville 200 MPH Club 09/15/2019 218.600
Best Run: 253.080 MPH 09/14/2019 #6556

Offline dw230

« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2016, 06:02:42 PM »
OK, now that I am out of bed, on the down side of a horrendous cold I can give a couple of brief responses.

I am still trying to iron out the details of my pending Bonneville 200 MPH Club by-laws change so I cannot at this time expand further.

A couple of things, WLSRA(?) does not race at Bonneville. The Club by-laws are specific about the venue. They are out.
SCTA-BNI records are SCTA-BNI records, FIA/FIM records are FIA/FIM records - the two do not cross borders.
If a class is in either of the two organization rule books then it is a legal class.
The FIA/FIM steward at the Shootout will classify the vehicle, not the SCTA-BNI or lr.com.
I do certify FIA records at the Shootout either by direct measurement  of displacement or weight at the direction of the USAC steward on site.
We run both class A(streamliner or other body) and class B(stock production body) as certified by the FIA at the Shootout.
Gas/fuel? makes no diff, FIA/FIM states that liquid is liquid when it comes to fuel.

If you are a Club member you will have a chance to vote when you receive you ballot.

DW

The Bonneville 200 MPH, est. 1953, was a standalone organization setup by the late Dean Batchelor and the publisher of the original Hop Up magazine. I am sorry but his name escapes me for the moment. The keyword here is 'stand alone", no affiliation to the SCTA in structure. The only tie in is that in the  time period the SCTA was the only group competing at the salt.
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Malcolm UK

« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2016, 11:03:34 AM »
The FIM records for the flying start kilometre and mile are listed under 'Rankings' and then 'see results' on the following link

http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/sport/world-records-attempts/

The rules and classes for bikes have not been re-published on any part of the website which I can get to, but then these internet places cause me all sorts of problems. [I have a printed 2014 copy for reference and the section to look at is 18.01.]

The FIM do have classification by 'body' types so you will have 'open' (A Division); 'partially streamlined' (B Division) and streamlined (C Division).

From the section called 'calender' you can get to supplementary regulations for the Bonneville Motorcycle Speed Trials and the Cook Shootout, which do differ as some classes are excluded from the BMST (including non wheel driven two wheelers).

Just three examples:

in 2012 Jamie Williams rode his Suzuki Hayabusa to a World Record for the mile and kilometre in the FIM description; I.A1.B.I.3+.2000

in 2016 Kerry Alter rode his Hayabusa to World Records in I.A1.B.I.3+.1600

in 2010 Rocky Robinson rode to the outright World Record in I.A1.C.V.3+.3000

Malcolm UK, Derby, England.

Offline maj

« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2016, 04:29:48 PM »
The 1650 class came about after 2012 , one thing i think they neglected to do was realign the 2000cc records to fit either 1650 or 2000 classes depending on the measured capacity at the time