Author Topic: New to LSR looking for guidance.  (Read 9252 times)

Offline Zachheldt

• New folks
New to LSR looking for guidance.
« on: September 08, 2016, 02:03:11 AM »
I am in the anaheim ca area. Looking to talk to some people and get the low down on land speed. If there are local clubs that wouldn't mind me sitting in on some meetings that would be great. Please let me know. My email is zacheryheldt@gmail.com. Thank you in advance.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
Re: New to LSR looking for guidance.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 09:43:39 AM »
I will be in contact Zachery. Our club has meeting the first Tuesday of each month, so you just missed it. But we welcome anyone to visit.
Talk to you soon.

PS El Mirage is this weekend if you don't already know. I'm on a.m. patrol this meet.
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline MRK

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 01:51:31 PM »
For sure come out to El Mirage this weekend. We tech on Saturday starting at noon and race on Sunday starting about 7:30a!
There is rookie orientation Saturday afternoon at 4pm. Might be worth listening in on.
I'm guessing the meet will be on the "light" side due to "blowed up" stuff from Speedweek but still worth a cruise up to have a looksee.
Cheers.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Offline Zachheldt

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 08:56:11 PM »
My girlfriend and I have decided to make the drive tomorrow morning! See you guys there! I will be the tall blonde guy with the big stupid grin on his face. Good luck to everyone who is racing.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 06:32:26 PM »
To heck with you – what does she look like?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Zachheldt

• New folks
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 07:27:45 PM »
Hahaha. What a great experience. Can't wait to go next month.

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 06:05:18 PM »
Run, Run far, Run Fast......
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Zachheldt

• New folks
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 10:37:46 PM »
It's too late for me! Already went to el mirage and saw what it's all about! Great people and fast cars that are totally wild. What's not to love?

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 10:49:04 AM »
It's too late for me! Already went to el mirage and saw what it's all about! Great people and fast cars that are totally wild. What's not to love?

Zach, my first experience witnessing LSR was at El Mirage, 23 years ago.  My second trip was the same day you were there.

In '93, I was inspired to come out because of an article by Gray Baskerville in Rod and Custom.  I realized that the lake beds are where it started, I'd always been a fan of amateur motorsports, and I'd never been to California.

I bought a rule book that weekend, and it completely changed the trajectory of my life.

Since then, I've been to Bonneville several times as both a spectator and a racer, ran the last event ever at Maxton, North Carolina, been interviewed on a local racing radio program and by our NPR affiliate station, delivered a talk in Bennington, Vermont about MG's LSR history to the New England M.G. T Register, and wound up on the cover of MG Enthusiast magazine.

So be careful out there in the dust.  All kinds of crazy $hit happens . . .  :roll:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Zachheldt

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 02:56:44 PM »
Got to talk to Steve Davies the other day. What a fountain of knowledge, looking forward to the meeting next week. Getting my finances in order to figure out how to pay for this new obsession. At 27 years old it seems like a lot but like Johnny Cash said "one piece at a time."

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 03:11:37 PM »
"one piece at a time."

I thought Tiger Woods said that :-o
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 03:34:31 PM »
No, Johnboy, it was Wilt Chamberlain - a/k/a Mr. 20,000 :evil: :cheers: :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 04:56:41 PM »
easiest way to get into this is on a bike.  i know someone that might be selling a gsxr750 soon that's already setup to run the lakes.
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Zachheldt

• New folks
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 08:08:03 PM »
I would not be comfortable riding a motorcycle. Have never done so. I sent a message to Michael (at least I think it sent). Wondering if the Land Speed Racers still meet at the cafe on gilbert tomorrow.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 08:42:57 PM »
PM sent
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...