Author Topic: I need a chase driver at Sunday's El Mirage meet.  (Read 3184 times)

Offline The rookie

• New folks
I need a chase driver at Sunday's El Mirage meet.
« on: September 07, 2016, 08:36:26 PM »
Hello, Roger Allen here. I am hoping to make some Rookie license runs at El Mirage this Sunday. But I have no chase driver. I am hoping to hire or barter for a driver Sunday. If the driver is a rookie like me, he or she will have to go to rookie orientation with me Saturday at 3 pm ish.
I know I am asking a lot, and so I will respond in kind with payment or compensation
I will be bringing Shane San Miguel's hayabusa #9700, which I rookied up to a b license with during speed week. Shane and my wife and supporting cast are all busy this weekend unfortunately.
If anyone can help me I will be most grateful
Roger, 916-600-1601
 I'll be down late Friday night or early Saturday morn.

Offline racefanwfo

• jenks worlds fastest pitbull
Re: I need a chase driver at Sunday's El Mirage meet.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 01:31:53 AM »
PM sent
The speed that you wish to achieve is only limited by the depth of your wallet.

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 04:53:56 PM »
 :-D
It will happen
Roger,,,, just ask around the tech line and somebody will help you out,,,, it's a fact,,, and Good Luck friend !   Treat the ole girl right, and she will THRILL you !!!!!!!!!! 
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline The rookie

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 01:00:54 AM »
:-D
It will happen
Roger,,,, just ask around the tech line and somebody will help you out,,,, it's a fact,,, and Good Luck friend !   Treat the ole girl right, and she will THRILL you !!!!!!!!!! 

Thank you for the words of encouragement.
Ima headin south Friday. What an adventure lsr is.
 You know, at Bonneville the race motor let go Friday night on heads up racing Dyno.
I had brought along a 2015 busa with 200 miles on it. "Just in case we needed parts".
Saturday a very nice guy named Clay McKinley let me ride his zx12r for my first license run. Awesome.
Sunday morning we took the new bike to salt lake, (heads up racing, Scott Horner is a superstar, and a gentleman),tore both bikes down, put the new stock motor in the race bike, tuned it a little with the bazaaz and
a laptop, and returned to the salt after 32 straight hrs. Took a nap, Monday, woke up to hi winds, decided Tuesday morning there would be a reckoning, and boom, a 162mph. 2nd run ever, 1st on the busa.
Second run I wanted to be gentle, but a swear she said ' don't be a wuss, so I kicked that mule, did a 181.2 with a 190 plus exit speed and I was in love. On the short course. Stopping in 1 mile was alarmingly difficult, but I love a challenge.
So I tore apart a brand new busa so I could get my B license, and it was so worth it.
I'm a road racer, but this was the ride of my life.
El Mirage is callin my name!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 01:21:16 AM »
Great story Roger. I think you're hooked!!!  :evil: :evil: :evil: :-D :-D :-D

Pete

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 06:47:15 PM »
Just get the word out in motorcycle tech and I'm sure a fellow dirt bag, i mean motorcycle enthusiast, will offer to help.   :-D :wink:
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member