Author Topic: 2016 thank you  (Read 4656 times)

Offline comet

2016 thank you
« on: September 03, 2016, 02:18:55 PM »
Hi all.
Dawn and I have made it up as far as Idaho. We were talking all the way about Bonneville and the BMST. We had such a blast and enjoyed ourselves so much. You guys are the best.
Thank you to those that brought us snow cones. They were really appreciated out there at mile 1. But thank you also to everyone for just being so cool, so happy, and so friendly. It's a long trip from England, but as soon as we set our feet back on that hallowed ground it's like being back home with our mates. You all make us feel so welcome and we really appreciate it.
You guys are the best and we can't wait to come back for more of the same.

Till next time. Best wishes and good tuning to you all.

Offline Chris V

Re: 2016 thank you
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 09:03:33 AM »
Hello Dawn and Comet!
Chris and I so appreciate your cheerful care and attention for our safety.  I can't imagine starting the timed mile without you!  I suppose that day will come for me, but for now both of you have made an indelible impression on us.  Have a great vacation and thank you so much for the long trip you take, to be here.
All the Best,

Great Granny Sandy.
1972 Yamaha R5  350cc

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 12:55:52 PM »
Once again - A Big thank you to all the AMA BMST Volunteers for your time & efforts to help make this a fun, safe event.  From all of us here at the Gray Ghost Project, THANK YOU !  :cheers:   :-D
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline DRW

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 05:47:09 PM »
I too had a good time ,and was treated very well by every Red Shirt I dealt with , From Entry to the track Saturday morning to Tech !
In Tech,  Just the luck of the draw, I had Drew Gatewood & Tom Burkland to do the Tech of my bike, Whew talk about pressure
The only thing the two of them agreed on was my bike was way to clean and shiney, Which Drew changed after putting my sticker on by rubbing his hands on the bodywork Haha .
Special Nod to JD At the Pre Stagging line, Man what a Good guy to deal with , And as always My Buddy Gil "Whisperez" Gemmel who roamed the pits and was there for our team anytime we had a question about anything !
Thank You Everyone, See you all next year .
DW     
Doesnt Mean That Much To me, To Mean That Much To You !

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 10:22:48 AM »
Best run BMST ever!  No radio failures to slow down the lines. After noon on wednesday, it was possible to hot lap.  Andy and John from England on the BSA B50 made 14 runs in one day.  Since they rode it both ways, they figure they actually drove it 200 miles that day!

Many thanks to the organizers, tech crew, and volunteers for a job well done.  Like others,  I am already thinking about how to get faster for next year.
Tom
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 10:47:08 AM by Koncretekid »
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline Old Scrambler

• Going Fast - Slowly
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 03:31:30 PM »
It was GREAT :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) Pre-Stage was basically a drive-through :-D :-D :-D :-D  I had 3 return opportunities with very short waiting times. It was great to see the volunteers having a good time at the Black & White :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D  Thanks again for all you do :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
2011 AMA Record - 250cc M-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 82.5 mph
2013 AMA Record - 250cc MPS-PG TRIUMPH Tiger Cub - 88.7 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 136.6 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CG HONDA CB750 sohc - 143.005 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc M-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 139.85 mph
2018 AMA Record - 750cc MPS-CF HONDA CB750 sohc - 144.2025 mph

Chassis Builder / Tuner: Dave Murre

Offline andychaos

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 12:24:35 AM »
 As first timers we arrived at Wendover with no idea what to expect, what we found was one of the friendliest events i have ever attended. Thanks to Tom (koncretekid) for showing us the ropes and putting up with our never ending questions also a massive thanks to Comet and Dawn for looking after us on the line, for the gorgeous cake and for taking us to Carmens on our last night. It's probably for the best we didn't find it earlier.
We flew out 2 bikes a Honda 125cc and a Bsa B50 ridden by 4 brothers. the Honda got a record more or less on its first run and spent the rest of the week with either brother bumping it up. The B50 managed 105 going for 115 record and already has an appointment on the dyno when it returns. As Tom wrote earlier it did however get a mention for the most runs in a day only stopping to refuel, change numbers and driver.
Thank you to everyone who put this fantastic event together we will be back.
Andy John Paul and Mark. Yorkshire England.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 12:26:35 AM by andychaos »

Offline comet

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 02:59:47 AM »
Hi Sandy.
It was a pleasure to flag you off. Hopefully next time I do so it will be a +100mph run. And thank you Chris for the adult beverage, it was most appreciated.

I don't remember the lines ever going through as fast as this year. The run numbers were very impressive. A lot of that was helped by riders being very professional. You made all the volunteers jobs so much easier.

Andy and the lads had a great rookie year. Well done to you all. 14 runs in a day must be a record all of its own I would think. Pretty good considering you all knocked off early that day as well (light weights). I look forward to seeing you out there next time. The big question is..... what year will it be?

So back into the 7-5 routine again this morning. But I do have a few salty photos to nose through and keep me going until our next visit.

Offline Pippi2

• "Do or do not.... there is no try"
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 10:47:28 PM »
This year was AMAZING!!!! Already making plans for next year!
Thank you to all our volunteers, congratulations to all the new records holders and big hugs to Tony Groves our BMST Racer of the Year!

See you all soon!
Linnea
BMST Rego Etc.