Author Topic: Orange County Racers Collective  (Read 4570 times)

Offline NathanStewart

Orange County Racers Collective
« on: August 23, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »
Putting a feeler out there to see if any OC area racers might be interested in going in on a shared shop space.  I've been in my current shop for 3 years now but Costa Mesa has been doing a good job of clearing out all the old commercial/industrial areas and replacing them with new condos.  Looking to get enough room for my dyno plus storage and shop space and maybe even some outside yard space.  Get in touch with me if you're interested. 
El Mirage 200 MPH Club Member

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Orange County Racers Collective
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 07:39:47 PM »
Attention anyone that might be remotely interested:  Please note that Nathan has just proven himself to be worthy of all sorts of good stuff.  He spelled "you're" CORRECTLY!!   DING DING DING :cheers: :cheers:

If for no better reason than that -- he will now be sporting a validation from the Comma Cop Head Handlebar Holder.  That's worth quite a bit in today's world, yanno...
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 08:14:16 PM »
All the more reason to want to share a shop with me.  :-D :wink:

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 09:00:18 PM »
It is hard to find people that can handle basic contraction execution.

Nathan I would happily share shop space but the drive from  South Florida would kill me.

I have a good friend with a dyno and we shared a shop in Tampa, FL. I have learned a lot just hanging around while he dyno's customers engines. Some have made great horsepower and others that looked to make big power do not.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 09:30:20 PM »
We dynoed the roadster's engine on a chassis dyno to prove a point about the advance we were running.  (15 years -- the right one.)  The rear wheel HP exceeded anything we'd of guessed at.  We were looking at comparative numbers -- didn't give a chit about the supposed figure.  For us, it was a gratis job.  The numbers we were given should have made anyone happy.  Me thinks some are for customer satisfaction. 

Our reward was that we were doing the right thing.  Maybe, besides changing spark plugs every meet or two for the last eight years, we should look at some other things.  But we have run from 1 to 3 miles off the record the last 6 meets at El Mirage.  I was beginning to think it was driver error -- since I wasn't driving any more.  Everything's so shiny -- I hate opening it up and getting that dirty oil all over everything.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline NathanStewart

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 02:22:12 PM »
C'mon now, I know us OC guys represent a pretty large portion of our racing community.  Anyone looking for shop space?