Author Topic: Down Runs Posted  (Read 37542 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Down Runs Posted
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2016, 11:12:36 AM »
One "volunteer" I know is 79 years old, shares a room in the dump of a motel, works at least 12 hours every day, pays his way to and from Alabama.  What a rip-off artist!  String him up!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2016, 10:59:47 PM »
  Hey! I volunteered to be the Assistant Potentate of Porta Potties but when I showed up for the interview the  "Grand Poobah" aka Slim took My money and split for fame and fortune in the World of Radio Media!  And NO, even though I was a bit miffed I was not the culprit who put the rolls on upside down... it must have been one of them Kiwi's or Ausies.  But then again, maybe that's how they do it up in Frostbite Falls, Michigan  or where ever Queen Nancy rules...
                                                  Great to see You Slim (and REALLY great to HUG Nancy)!
p.s.  Let's All chill out a bit... We have got All Winter to light Fires... oh, and don't forget to send a donation to LANDRACING.COM and SAVE THE SALT.
                                                                         Ol' One Run, out...................................
Bob Drury

Offline salt27

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2016, 12:07:45 AM »
Dang Bob, I didn't think you were there so I didn't try and find you.

Or maybe you saw me first and hid.   :-D

Don

Offline TURK

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2016, 01:35:53 AM »
Salt grem ,I have a right cross I would be happy to give you ,no charge free delivery.
Kansas Margareta,mix methanol & salt add one Harley

Offline jl222

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2016, 11:02:20 AM »
One "volunteer" I know is 79 years old, shares a room in the dump of a motel, works at least 12 hours every day, pays his way to and from Alabama.  What a rip-off artist!  String him up!

Some volunteers hate it when I point out their benefits.

Just clarifying that for people who think they are donating their time for nothing and paying the rip off Bendover hotel rates.

Hey Linda and I have been paid volunteers in the  past when the hotel rates were $25 a night at the Nevada Crossing.

But when the Linda got sun poisoning from handing out timing slips we didn't volunteer anymore.

JL222

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2016, 01:02:05 PM »
John --

So why are you trying to disparage the volunteers.  In the whole big picture, are they ripping off the association?  Some of them?  Most of them?

Perhaps you could volunteer to be the Volunteer Czar.  You could keep track of the 150 of them before and during the meet and pay (or not) the ones that are earning their keep.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline jl222

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2016, 02:22:52 PM »

I'm disparaging the volunteers by pointing out their not freely doing it with no benefits?

What gives you the idea that I think anyone is ripping off the association. Read my original post, we need and appreciate them.

Some members here and in the past had no idea of their benefits and were paying out of pocket.

Guess you would like that.

JL222