Author Topic: BOCKSCAR  (Read 10740 times)

Offline TURK

BOCKSCAR
« on: August 19, 2016, 10:26:52 AM »
congrats
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 07:19:59 AM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Kansas Margareta,mix methanol & salt add one Harley

Offline Speed Limit 1000

Re: BOXCAR
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 01:01:27 AM »
The crew of the Bockscar Lakester 1000 thanks you.

John
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 09:33:37 AM »
I can't get run results past Wednesday so I surmise a new record for Boxcar? What were the details? You guys are quite amazing and have given Boxcar superior heritage.

John

Offline Kansas Bad Man

• Max Lambky's Vincent powered motorcycle streamliner
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 01:35:23 PM »
Way to GO GUYS :cheers:

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 01:51:23 PM »
  Well, I have been somewhat preoccupied but want to pass along a Hearty (perhaps not what I should be talking about right now) Congrats to Stainless and John Boy.
 I actually tried to find You in the pits but I tried to get directions from Pork Pie and It went sort of like this: "das West of der shmitten dorf Germany ein der brewski" or something close to that..............           O.R.B., out............................................
                                                                                       :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :roll: :mrgreen:
Bob Drury

Offline PorkPie

• think fast.....always
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 02:55:15 PM »
 Well, I have been somewhat preoccupied but want to pass along a Hearty (perhaps not what I should be talking about right now) Congrats to Stainless and John Boy.
 I actually tried to find You in the pits but I tried to get directions from Pork Pie and It went sort of like this: "das West of der shmitten dorf Germany ein der brewski" or something close to that..............           O.R.B., out............................................
                                                                                       :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :roll: :mrgreen:

Well, to my surprise I could understand your far north west "English" (far better than this in Alabama.....ok....you can't compare this) but I have trouble to read what you think is maybe German....and finally, when you asked me at the salt....for myself I had no idea where they will be in the pits....they showed up very late that evening.....

and yes, I'm very happy how John Boy succeed finally with a nice 218 average on a 194 record.....great job....
Pork Pie

Photoartist & Historian & 200 MPH Club Member (I/GL 202.8 mph in the orig. Bockscar #1000)

Offline salt27

Re: BOCKSCAR
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 03:55:44 PM »
I think their pits were mostly in line waiting to run.   :-P

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 08:20:15 PM »
That where we did most of our minor stuff  :-D

Congrats guys!!!!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 10:28:19 PM »
Thanks everyone. It was a hell of a week. I am happy that we pulled the plug on Thursday after the record run and cleaned everything and went home, car and motor intact, on Friday. We are going to  bring the bike next meet and the car back for the better salt at the finals.

John
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 10:30:17 PM »
We do generally pit in line unless we have a lot of work to do... like after a SPIN...  :-(  
My thanks go out to Kiwi Paul who listened to us and helped us progressively run faster on our damaged tire.  The course marker rebar managed to peel some of the rubber off of the inside edge.  We did a tire inspection after each run and worked out way up the speed ladder.  When our new tires arrived a day late (thanks FedEx for the free 2 day instead of the overnight we originally paid for) racing was almost over.  KP was impressed with the toughness of the tires, and how heavy duty they were when he looked at the new ones while we were finalizing the record in impound. The 213... mixed well with the 224...  for a nice 218...  We decided the course was rough enough we didn't need to punish Johnboy or the Bockscar any further.
It was the best course for the salt we had, thanks SCTA for the tireless effort you guys put into making a racing week.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 12:53:52 PM »
Stainless....I learnt alot. Glad we were able to make a plan and have it work. The sample you sent me is very interesting! I am going to try to get some of those tires out of my contact at TraversAFB but we will see if that transpires...Hope your health is improving. I am still fighting some residual stuff from mine, but Shop Work is piling up, and I have to get after it.....

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 10:14:13 AM »
Johnboy flew in for a little work weekend....
as I mentioned, we had a little issue with a tire and course marker anchor during the spin at SpeedWeek.  That required some (read a lot) of discussion and cooperation from Kiwi Paul to be able to keep racing.  
So now we need to put new tires on and the old one will become the spare.  We could not find anyone locally that still shaves tires, and not sure if Nate could shave an 18 inch, but there is no time for that anyway, he is across the country.
So we are making a small mess in my shop... hope this link works

it didn't... standby
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 10:22:18 AM by Stainless1 »
Stainless

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 10:17:05 AM »
Nope - the link didn't work for me.  Try, try again. :cry:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
Lets try this one....

https://youtu.be/1qRdu210Z9A

:cheers:

Stainless

gkabbt

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2016, 10:39:48 AM »
Gittin' er done!   American ingenuity at its finest..... :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

Gregg