Author Topic: Thanks SCTA  (Read 15975 times)

Offline Don Martin

• Studebaker build
Thanks SCTA
« on: August 18, 2016, 11:24:38 PM »
A BIG shout out to SCTA. To all of the people that help put Speedweek on THANK-YOU. Scaaty racing driver and crew had the time of there lives. A dream come true. I made 6 runs. Got my B license. 2 long course runs FUN. 181 and change. I put a buddy in the car and he got his C license. We took a running salty car back to Tennessee. Back next year for 200+. :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:50:57 PM by Don Martin »
Scaaty
53 Studebaker
A/BGCC
It's all fun  ECTA 2 Club Member  SAVE THE SALT

gkabbt

Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 09:04:32 AM »

Don, I'll second the shout out for the SCTA and the volunteers. VERY good turnout and VERY good meet!
Also, congrats to you and the Scaaty team! Looked like you guys did have a lot of FUN!
GREAT talking with you in both Cheyenne and on the salt.

Gregg

Offline jimwebb

• Nuts Racing Home
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 10:34:08 AM »
Thanks, too from the Chock Full O' Nuts team to the SCTA/BNI and all the volunteers. We had a great time and are looking forward to an ever-improving racing surface!
The Big Red Truck From Texas
Chock Full O' Nuts
Record Holder AA/PP A/PP B/PP C/PP D/PP (Oops, Larry got this one!) E/PP

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 02:56:59 PM »
Great job by all of the SCTA volunteers. Thanks for the long hours making this and all Speedweeks possible.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline burbanite

• New folks
Re: Thanks SCTA
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 02:08:42 PM »
I'll add my thanks as well, the obvious hard work that everyone put in to make the event happen is very much appreciated by this first time attendee. I was merely a spectator on Monday and Tuesday but got to meet and talk to many of you competitors and officials and even share drinks at Carmens' each evening. All of you made my first trip to Bonneville a very memorable occasion and hopefully it won't be my last. 
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 10:15:38 AM »
A BIG shout out to SCTA. To all of the people that help put Speedweek on THANK-YOU. Scaaty racing driver and crew had the time of there lives. A dream come true. I made 6 runs. Got my B license. 2 long course runs FUN. 181 and change. I put a buddy in the car and he got his C license. We took a running salty car back to Tennessee. Back next year for 200+. :cheers:
Way to go Don. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 01:08:13 PM »
 The Ron's Hobby Shop team would like to THANK all the SCTA crew and volunteers. This was our first time on the salt with our own race car. From inspection to rookie orientation and impound everyone was great. The amount of work it took to set up the courses and the entire layout was certainly immense that's true dedication.  We all really appreciate what everyone did.
    I have only one regret I would have liked to meet Stan Back but was to busy to think about doing it until we were already home. Maybe next time  :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"

Offline BasementBorn

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 11:27:06 AM »
Thanks from Gorton Racing and Team Banana. We didn't have quite the results we were hoping for but had a blast anyway! I am happy to say I got my C licence and will be able to run for the record in my class next year... after I rebuild the motor that is.  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: to a great event and thanks again!
Gabe Gorton
Gorton Racing 1060 650APS-BG
Team Banana 1361 F/CPRO

Online mtkawboy

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 12:39:37 PM »
Just a spectator but a big thank you to all the SCTA volunteers that did all the work to get this deal to fly. Also big thanks to landracing.com and bangshift.com for all the coverage, the best ever. Last year I didnt think we would ever see another race on the salt again

Offline rouse

• Impound is the place to be
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 06:22:39 PM »
Shout out from me too. The SCTA folks did a great job all week.

The salt was better each day though Friday do to the great weather and one heck of a lot of hard work by the SCTA crews.

You'd think there would have been some "rust" in the overall operation after the last few years, but it didn't show.

Thanks for a great Speed Week.

Johnnie Rouse
Bike 4680 P-PP2000 SCTA record 153.325    A-PF3000 182.920
                              Texas Mile 152.518 PP class  186 A-PF Class
If you love your freedom thank a vet.

Offline distributorguy

• Advanced Distributors
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 01:36:13 PM »
A special thanks from Team Banzai as well!!!  Even though only our photo album made it to inspections, the help was extremely generous and very, very much appreciated!

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. 
Racing is the evil modification of insanity.

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 05:48:36 PM »
As a Volunteer who has worked in Inspection for the past number of years, I`d like to say Thanks right back at you all. It is always helpful when Competitors take their Safety seriously,want to help and take advice, and generally have a positive, even joyful attitude. I have to thank Stainless, John Boy and Pork Pie for their efforts (received the gift Friday, Stainless, appreciate it much!!) and enjoyed working with the Ron`s Hobby Shop crew, the Alamo Hot rod parts car, Donnie Stringfellow and Jim Kirk`s bunch, and learning stuff from Ed, the Ponytail King....
 I have had some recent Health issues, and am still working through them, and I know I overdid it this year, but after more than 30 years, I can`t not be there...Thanks also to all the other Staff that helped me get through the week. You know who you are.....Gkabbit...you too....

Offline Ro Yale

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 11:14:55 PM »
Thank you guys and gals very much for your HARD work putting on SpeedWeek 2016. You did a great job and I appreciate it!
Racers Race and Whiners Whine!

Offline JC Sparks

• www.JCSPARKS1.com
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 11:15:54 AM »
 It was good to meet you Kiwi Paul.  You guys did a great job, look forward to next year.  JC
Nitromethane is liquid heroin.

Offline ronnieroadster

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 04:48:30 PM »
Kiwi Paul your passion for the salt and Speedweek and the desire to make us the racers feel at home is greatly appreciated. Being a rookie the stress of the unknown was totally eliminated by your kindness and help.
 Also greatly appreciated was Jeff Arnett both of you fellows have so much experience and are willing to help in any way to guide us newbees. Also adding to the list there's Dan Warner and Nathan Stewart and his dad man you all were great and we truly appreciate all your help and guidance. I'm so proud to say I know you all.  We learned a lot every day and look forward to meeting again hopefully next year.  :cheers:
Working in the shop I use the 'F' word a lot. No not that word these words Focus and Finish go Fast and Flathead Ford!
 ECTA  XF/BGRMR Record 179.8561
 LTA    XF/BGRMR  Record 200.921 First  Ever Ford Flathead Roadster to hit 200 MPH burning gasoline July 2018
 SCTA  XF/BGRMR Record 205.744  First gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to top 200 MPH at Bonneville August 7, 2021 top speed 219.717
 SCTA  XXF/BGRMR Record 216.131 plus a Red Hat
"Life Member of the Bonneville 200 MPH Club"