Author Topic: Eddie's Chop Shop car  (Read 11308 times)

Offline MX304

Eddie's Chop Shop car
« on: August 16, 2016, 09:14:17 PM »
Anyone know if the Eddie's Chop Shop AA/BGCC car has run yet? #651 I think..

Offline Eddieschopshop

Re: Eddie's Chop Shop car
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 08:00:10 PM »
Ran and back home!

Runs were:
135,  166,  178, 211,  212 with Richard (owner) driving

261,  289 for 275 average on 246 record with me driving.  :-D

Car ran awesome.  Lots more in it,  would liked to have gone faster but need to leave something for Richard to do next year.

Offline WZ JUNK

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 08:03:01 PM »
Beautiful car.

Good job.

Congratulations.

John
Crew chief #974 B/BGCC 1953 Studebaker Past Bonneville record holder.

gkabbt

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 08:58:42 PM »

Here are some pics I got 8/13 while you were in line:

BEAUTIFUL car and congrats from me as well.

Gregg
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:02:31 PM by gkabbt »

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 09:14:20 PM »
Thanks Gregg,

Tip from non photographer...  Always leave the ugly long haired guy out of pics.

gkabbt

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 09:56:44 PM »
Thanks Gregg,

Tip from non photographer...  Always leave the ugly long haired guy out of pics.

Well, I'm old, ugly with no hair and try not to be in any pictures :-D  :-D  :-D

Gregg

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 10:35:32 AM »
We are back home after a very successful speedweek. We reached all but one of our goals. Which was to get Richard a record with him driving. He'll be able to do that next year based on what we saw this year.
I got into the car on Tuesday to make the first full pass for the car. On our licensing tune (low boost) I was able to run a 261 on a 246 record. The next day I left 1st and 2nd alone and gave 3rd 2lbs, 4th 4lbs, and 5th 5lbs more boost. This got us a 289 with an exit of 291 for a new record of 275 average. I lifted a little in the first third of the course, and am confident that with this conservative tune the car will run a 300. After dynoing the car and initial testing at El Mirage I was fairly confident we could get the car over 300 with a 15lb tune and that seems to be working out.
With a little more seat time Richard will be ready to make some record runs. We left the records low, and headed home. We never switched to the fuel record as was our original intent. I feel real confident had we run again we could have had a 300 plus record and a blue hat! Something to do next year I suppose.
The car ran unbelievably well. Nathan Gerolome did a great job on building our engine for us. I'll pat myself on the back and say I did a great job tuning it. Except for adding boost on the last run I never touched our tune. Evenings in the hotel is when I do my homework, review data and make changes where needed. The data looked so good I never touched our tune. Physically we made some ride height adjustments based on what I was seeing as far as downforce in the data. Our biggest hiccup was a water line coming loose at the end of my 261 pass and giving me a good scare by having some steam coming out as I came to a stop. For a new car I had expected some more teething issues. The car drove great even on a questionable track and all the planning, design and aero decisions really paid off.
Richard Smith and I received some wonderful compliments from some of the biggest names at Speedweek. Considering the budgets that some of the cars have, our little project made a big impact!
We aren't done yet!
Ed Umland
Eddie's Chop Shop

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 11:32:06 AM »
Beautiful car, incredible workmanship and horsepower, great job ! I love just looking cars like that over on the salt

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 03:43:01 PM »
That rear wing is a work of art!! :-o

gkabbt

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 04:03:58 PM »

As my pictures show, the entire car is a work of art.

Gregg

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 12:53:52 PM »
There are 2 more chances to go 300 left this year  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Eddieschopshop

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 06:14:16 PM »
We are talking about world finals..... time and money and all that.  Thanks for the nice words on the wing/car.  I do everything in house except body and paint,  and Nathan Gerolome did the long block.  I build/built chassis,  alluminum front end,  headers, intake basically everything.  My own design and I do all the efi tuning.  Richard (owner) was nice enough to also let me drive for the record. 

Offline krusty

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 11:30:04 AM »
Beautiful car, well built and prepared, and an insightful approach to SpeedWeek. If you're knocking on the 300 door, you'll kick it open with good salt!  Edit: Same Gerolamy that did Datsun heads?

vic
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 11:32:10 AM by krusty »