Author Topic: El Mirage Questions  (Read 2243 times)

Offline donpearsall

• http://soundappraisal.com
El Mirage Questions
« on: October 08, 2006, 01:23:30 PM »
Well, since my World Finals plans were ruined, I am thinking about going to the November El Mirage meet. I have never been there so I have questions.

1. Is there pre-registration or just register when you get there?

2. I see that you have to be a member of one of the So-Cal clubs. But they all seem to concentrate on old cars. Is there a club that is best for motorcycles?

3. Are there motels close by, or does everyone camp on the race course?

Thanks Much
Don
550 hp 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa Land Speed Racer

Offline Bob Jr.

Re: El Mirage Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 01:47:22 PM »
Quote from: DonPearsall
Well, since my World Finals plans were ruined, I am thinking about going to the November El Mirage meet. I have never been there so I have questions.

1. Is there pre-registration or just register when you get there?

2. I see that you have to be a member of one of the So-Cal clubs. But they all seem to concentrate on old cars. Is there a club that is best for motorcycles?

3. Are there motels close by, or does everyone camp on the race course?

Thanks Much
Don

Register when you get there!!!

Most clubs have motorcycle members, you can run as a guest but you can't set a record.

Adelanto and Apple valley have hotels they are around 30 miles away.  There is a lot of camping @el mirage...

Hope this helps a little..
Bob Sights Jr.

"Speed is no object price is the problem"

Gear Grinder

624 G/BSTR 171.173 El Mirage

627 H/BFMR Bville 176.787, H/BGMR Bville 181.089 G/BFMR El Mirage 180.10, G/BGMR El Mirage 187.534

"Worlds fastest to the cooler of beer"

Offline desotoman

El Mirage Questions
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 12:44:41 PM »

Don, the club I am in has every kind of car and motorcycle you can imagine. Some old some new.

If you do decide to run at the November meet be prepared to:
1. Join a club if you want to set a record, (no new members are allowed to join at the Lake bed, so you must join a club ahead of time) or run as a guest, for time only. (no records can be set)
2. If you join a club, they will probably have you pull a lakes duty at the meet.
3. You will be the last person in line to run, with any others that have not run at El Mirage this year.
4. At some two day meets you only get two to three runs in, depending on how many people show up and how the course holds up.
Hope this helps,
Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline desotoman

El Mirage Questions
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 12:22:44 PM »
Oops, I forgot to mention, that as a first timer at El Mirage you must go through Rookie orientation. And regardless of SCTA license held, all Rookie drivers or riders must make a first run under 150 out of the rookie line.
Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.