Author Topic: Carbiliner  (Read 37188 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Carbiliner
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 10:38:25 PM »
The best of luck to you all. Go fast!

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline ratpatrol66

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 10:54:19 PM »
This car looked so good in person and sounded awesome flying down the course :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 03:18:58 PM »
It was my understanding that the T.O.run was a licensing run -- as not all their salt runs were under SCTA licensing sanctions.  And changing out of T.O. might confuse them computer things about two cars with the same number.

(All of the above is a guesstomation.)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline gkeeton

• New folks
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2016, 03:58:10 PM »
369.6! Back to impound!

Offline don

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2016, 04:26:35 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nrhs sales

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2016, 04:47:38 PM »
looks like they could really benefit from another 2 miles!!

Offline MX304

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2016, 04:58:34 PM »
Unfortunately they killed the motor on the back up attempt according to their most recent post on FB.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2016, 05:59:55 PM »
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2016, 06:34:49 PM »
I hope it didn't hydraulic all the rods. For a new streamliner, you did very well- it is clear that the potential is there!

Offline gkeeton

• New folks
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2016, 09:42:47 PM »
On FB they mention having a leak in the inter cooler that pumped water into the engine. Bent rods, or not, water in the engine isn't something you want to try to run 350+ mph with.

Not too bad for being 10 mph off the current class record on the first run on the Salt Flats ever. And being able to post a speed almost 20 mph over the record for the first half of a possible record attempt on the second pass ever isn't too shabby either. It's like building a purpose built drag car, it's just not something you can tune on the street, so I'm sure the four full runs have gained them lots of data. So far it looks like they are the fastest Gas vehicle, and the third fastest vehicle of the event. It stinks they didn't come away with a record this event, but they will eventually. If it was easy, every one would be sheet metal screwing ACME Bonniville Rocket Kits to the roof of their Civic, and lighting the fuse to go 350 mph. I'll catch up with you guys when you get home, it was a great outing!

gkabbt

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2016, 10:02:12 PM »
Here are two pics I took early Monday before return runs:

Congrats to Rob, Brandon and the entire Carbinite Team. VERY GOOD showing!

Gregg
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 10:15:31 PM by gkabbt »

Offline bbarn

Re:
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2016, 11:09:44 PM »
Thank you for all the well wishes!

We had an awesome week, nobody on the team is hanging their heads.

We made 6 runs in 6 days and went to impound 3 times. Hard to say tjat wasn't a valliant first outing.

I was talking with Betty Burkland in impound today after we pulled the plug on loading the spare engine. She told me that in 40+ years of salt racing they only made it to impound 6 times.

I feel truly blessed to be part of this team, we have come a long way in a short time. I also have to shout out to the SCTA and their crew. It was a fine event and went out of their way to help us iron out some administrative problems and get us squared away.

I can't thank our crew enough either, they rose to the challenge and worked hard and it clearly shows.

As for today's issue it looks like we have a split head on an exhast valve. Not sure how much damage if any was done to the block yet. We'll know more after a teardown.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2016, 03:30:02 AM »
Have been quietly following your progress,, ya done well mate, real well  :cheers:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline krusty

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2016, 12:20:08 PM »
Unfortunately they killed the motor on the back up attempt according to their most recent post on FB.

Well, that sucks! Rob, Brandon and crew you have made a huge first impression on the Salt. We had some problems, too, but set records in B/GRMR and B/FRMR. I've been a believer since the start and know that y'all will reach your goals. Rob, great to see you while I was out on the line; the "high car" still has 2" clearance under the belly pan.

vic

Offline bbarn

« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2016, 12:59:53 PM »
Found this little gem on youtube. If anyone else has video of the liner they'd like to share we'd be most appreciative!

https://youtu.be/Ycze_8EHF-w
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.