Author Topic: Carbiliner  (Read 37185 times)

Offline gkeeton

• New folks
Re: Carbiliner
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 07:50:31 PM »
Anyone heard anything more about the last run?

Addition: The guys just did some FB posts. Apparently they had some wiring issues, and found a leak in one of the headers. They didn't get to back up the run. More updates when they get back to the hotel.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 08:51:07 PM by gkeeton »

Offline bbarn

Re:
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 07:56:32 AM »
We had a fuse let go on our active aero system which sent the tranny into neutral. Simple fix really but while we chased the bad circuit down we found a small header leak and warped flange. Everything is fixed and checked out, we are hoping to make a run by 11am today.

The T/O was an administrative issue. The SCTA did a fine job of squaring it away. It may show runs for us as T/O this week but we are in a class as we should be.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline don

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 07:00:51 PM »

Posted on Facebook they are in impound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 08:15:56 PM »
Fantastic!
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline gray63

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2016, 08:22:19 PM »
Good luck Rob and Brandon
I will be listening on line and wishing you a
safe and fast run tomorrow.

Dave

Offline gkeeton

• New folks
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2016, 08:44:53 PM »
For the noobs, does this run count to back up their earlier one, or is this the new mark that they now have to back up for a record?

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2016, 08:45:44 PM »
Before I left the salt last night I went past their pits and they were thrashing on it pretty hard so I didn't stop to jaw (sorry). They have been having some heat soak problems and did request SCTA to have an extinguisher ready for them when they stopped. I do know that their first runs were at some pretty low boost levels so there is lots more their. Hope they got a good run in today as there is a forecast for possible rain tomorrow.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline MX304

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2016, 09:13:15 PM »
For the noobs, does this run count to back up their earlier one, or is this the new mark that they now have to back up for a record?

New mark.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2016, 10:39:51 PM »
Before I left the salt last night I went past their pits and they were thrashing on it pretty hard so I didn't stop to jaw (sorry). They have been having some heat soak problems and did request SCTA to have an extinguisher ready for them when they stopped. I do know that their first runs were at some pretty low boost levels so there is lots more their. Hope they got a good run in today as there is a forecast for possible rain tomorrow.

Rex

Rex, I am sorry I missed you. I would have enjoyed introducing myself and  saying hello. I had to fly back last night.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline bbarn

Re:
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2016, 12:48:42 AM »
We are back in impound tonight!!! 363 on the 348.

The thrashing last night was really just buttoning up for today's run. We had a small header leak we welded and adjusted some flange/web ratios to reduce pulling.

Today's run was within 1mph of yesterday's run. Rob reported the last mile was like driving on sand. They are either dragging tonight or moving the course so hopefully we get a good track.

We have some sensor/tune issues we are working through this week. Since we are in impound we will only take small swings at adjustments. If we backup tomorrow we will replace the sensor and see what happens.

For now we will wait and see what happens tomorrow. The team so far is exceding all expectations and really driving hard to lay it down. I can't say enough about our crew!

Offline burbanite

• New folks
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2016, 01:06:13 AM »
Nice job!

Question though, if they move the course (which effectively turns it into a different course), and make it better then how does that not impact those that have missed because of track conditions on the old course? Surely that can't be fair?
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2016, 01:46:36 AM »
The reason for moving the course is to supply a fresh surface. With use the course deteriorates. They generally just move it sideways a bit so that you in effect get a fresh course similar to what the course being replaced was initially. The salt flats are in a way similar to a hard, slippery dirt track rather than an asphalt track. The surface is ever changing. No one races on exactly the same surface.

Pete

Offline don

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2016, 11:18:32 AM »
They posted on facebook, they did not back up the record. Sounds like something broke.  :-(

Offline gkeeton

• New folks
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2016, 05:47:33 PM »
It's my understanding they had some ground clearance issues with the ride height of the car after an issue with a suspension hydraulic line, and did some damage to the underbody. Not sure if the track was reconfigured, or whether that had anything to do with the issue. Maybe Brandon will add something when they get back to the hotel.

Offline bbarn

Re:
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2016, 09:16:15 PM »
Yep the ground tried to go along for a ride in the nose of the car. Minor deal, the fiberglass is all fixed up and the suspension is back to normal. We'll get after it tomorrow early. Have about an hour of prep work in the morning then we'll go for a run. Trying to fet off the line close to 8am. Getting closer to the end of the week so we may try and lean on it a bit at this late stage to get over the best mark we have set at 363. We'll see how we do, you know how the salt can foil your best laid plans.