Author Topic: Nish streamliner  (Read 4437 times)

Offline GH

Nish streamliner
« on: August 13, 2016, 10:55:17 PM »
 Did Nish have an incident today? If so, what happened?

Offline sirstude

Re: Nish streamliner
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 09:20:36 AM »
I was on the phone with George (from the 974 crew) last evening right after it happened.  He said they made a sharp turn across the access road at the top end.  He was breaking up so I missed some of what he said.  For sure something did happen to them. 

Anyone else have a more complete description?

Doug
Doug Strong

Hooley (974) lets me work on his car.

Offline kyle_pc_75

• New folks
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 02:17:45 PM »
I was at Mile 1.5 (from the start line) and saw them take a sharp left right off the line and shoot off course.  I'm assuming they were short of where the spectators were set up since I didn't hear much commotion, but they shot across both access roads until they were about 50 yards into no man's land.  That's all I know.

Offline Bondami

• New folks
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 01:54:33 AM »
 :-D  I guess you could say I had a pretty good view of the preceedings.  I was parked taking video along the spectator line when the car hooked hard left and came across the line right behind us (about 15' away) he was driving the hell out of it the whole time! An incredible job of driving, pretty darn exciting.  You know of course that the camera was not recording anything but straight down at the salt during this time as I stood there with my mouth open catching flies.

Offline beck

• New folks
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 02:16:09 PM »
  I was parked taking video along the spectator line when the car hooked hard left and came across the line right behind us (about 15' away)

Bondami pretty much summed it up. I was at the start line and can back up his report.
It appeared the car started to spin and then found traction vectoring on a different course. The car crossed the normal spectator area and the east/west traffic area. It stopped in what kyle_pc_75 calls no mans land, but I believe more than his reported 50 yd out.