Author Topic: Camping at the bend.  (Read 4563 times)

Offline 550cc

• New folks
Camping at the bend.
« on: August 10, 2016, 12:00:25 AM »
If I was camping or Rv'ing at the bend, Is it possible to take a rzr ATV/UTV into town on the service road?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 12:05:23 AM by 550cc »

Offline RichFox

Re: Camping at the bend.
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 12:09:11 AM »
Don't think I would. They don't mind writing tickets in Wendover.

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 07:41:40 AM »
The police always seem to be parked up, somewhere on the east side of town from 5 till sundown  :roll:
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 09:07:55 AM »
We didn't get out there last night to see, but I hear the camping area at the Bend in the Road is dry.  Camping there oughta be okay = but if it rains you might be in deep muck.  There's also unlimited camping on the "outside" of the Bend - up the side of the hill.  Free and unlimited.  And no services.  We'll have some toilets and a garbage rollop around the Bend -- please use 'em at your cornvenience.

There will be camping allowed at the Museum parking site at the extreme east end of Wendover - across from Carquest.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline kiwi belly tank

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2016, 09:23:09 AM »
If it's street registered with a licence plate I don't see there would be any problem but if it's off road tag only, that'll be a problem.
  Sid.

Offline lsrjunkie

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2016, 09:42:18 AM »
And if I remember right, you also need to make sure you have a Utah off highway vehicle registration sticker, otherwise the BLM will be a little grouchy as well.
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish. The product of a demented hill billy who has found a way to live out where the winds blow. To sleep late, have fun, drink whiskey, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love or getting arrested.    H.S. Thompson

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 11:38:49 AM »
. . . and while we're talking about enforcement -- obey the speed limits posted on the access road.  Speeding may save you a couple of minutes getting on the salt, but it can sure ruin your whole day.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2016, 04:51:20 PM »
There are a half-dozen "45MPH" signs posted along the side of the road, and every vehicle we saw today was going about - 45.  At the worker's noon meeting we were reminded that the gendarmes will be patrolling, and no, you can't get away with it no matter who you are or how important you are.

There are at least a couple of dozen vehicles/camps/tents at the Bend already, and more stretching along the road to Land's End and to the hills.  Get your spots soon.  there are a dozen toilets stationed at the Bend, and one garbage rolloff.

The surface looks dry and dusty inside the Bend, so you won't have any troubles - - yet. :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SirDigbyChickenCeasar

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2016, 09:07:52 AM »
I'm heading out to Bonneville from Colorado, planning on camping - are there any use permits that are required for camping at the Bend?  And tangentially, for similar camping in the rest of the state (planning on heading towards Moab after Bonneville)?  I'm not using any OHV vehicles, just tent camping out of my Jeep Cherokee.  My searches of the relevant Utah state websites haven't turned up any indication that any permits are required, but I want to be sure (and especially don't want to be "that guy" who does something to make the BLM grumpy).

Offline salt27

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2016, 10:38:10 AM »
Nick,
       Unless it's something new, no permits are required to camp at the "Bend".

As far as Moab is concerned, I suspect that you will need a permit unless in a campground.

I just spent a week camping in Southern Utah and that's how it worked there.

Don

Offline SirDigbyChickenCeasar

• New folks
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 11:32:30 AM »
Nick,
       Unless it's something new, no permits are required to camp at the "Bend".

As far as Moab is concerned, I suspect that you will need a permit unless in a campground.

I just spent a week camping in Southern Utah and that's how it worked there.

Don

Don,

Good to hear....thanks a ton!

Nick