Author Topic: Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed - Lincoln, NE  (Read 6798 times)

Offline Jack Gifford

Re: Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed - Lincoln, NE
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2016, 12:24:49 AM »
Not only have I not made it to the Museum of American Speed, I haven't even made it through their website! It's a very extensive site, with pictures of 'most every engine there.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

gkabbt

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 08:59:50 AM »

Jack, if you notice, with the pics I take in museums, I always take pics of items and then finally the description of what you just looked at. After about 3 hours I said screw it and started snapping pics.
SOOOOO much stuff to see in what Woody called the Smithsonian of Hot Rodding! I overheard one of the docents say that this museum is 150,000 sq. ft. and it is full. He also said that they have enough extra items to fill another 150,000 sq. ft. building. DAMNED IMPRESSIVE!!!!!

Since you have done incredible work on you engine, if you look in my pic link, I did take extra pics of the Mickey Thompsons Hemi 4.
This link is from their website:
http://www.museumofamericanspeed.com/Pontiac-Tempest-Mickey-Thompson-Supercharged,15450.html

Gregg
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:14:53 AM by gkabbt »

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2016, 02:23:14 AM »
Thanks Gregg. Those pictures of Mickey's hemi Tempest were part of my motivation to cram all of my DOHC stuff under a M/T rocker cover!
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020